Decisions

Zendayas POV

It's been a week since I've returned from the hospital after I found out I was expecting. Was I supposed to be happy or sad? Should I rejoice my motherhood or cry over my break up with my child's father?

One thing I knew for sure was that I was not going to spend my life with a suspicious guy who questioned my loyalty despite knowing that I wasn't like that. I really didn't expect the guy who's trusted me blindly my entire life to do what he did and the way he did it.

Did he not think twice before putting false accusations on me?

'Daya you've got to tell Val, it's his baby too.' Mum said for the hundredth time today. 'Yeah Daya your mother is right, Val needs to know.'

'Look guys I know where you guys are coming from but I don't want him to father this child because he feels he needs to, because right now he doesn't want anything to do with me and honestly nor do I.' 'I don't want to force a responsibility on him after what happened that day.' Tears start to threaten my eyes again. Tears had become a permanent part of my eyes now and I had accepted that. These eyes once lit up on the mention of Valentin Chmerkovskiy but now all that was left was tears given to me by the very same person.

'Honey but the only person that is going to suffer from this is that little life inside you! The baby deserves a father.' Mom had a point but it wasn't a rare scenario for a mother to be taking care of her child without the father. 'Mum if a woman can bare the pain of a child's birth then she can surely take care of that child without any support and anyway I have you guys. Right?'

'Honey we're always by your side.' My mother reassured me. 'Yeah baby girl we got you no matter what. Always and forever.' I went to hug the people that gave me life in hopes of being able to give my child the same love and support alone.

'But are you sure you want to do this alone?' Mothers really can't help it. 'Do you really think your daughter would go back to a place where she was accused of so much just cause a woman apparently needs a mans support to take care of her child?' I know I had no reason to snap at my mother but them saying the same thing again continuously was just ticking me off and honestly seeing Vals face was the last thing I wanted to do no matter what reason it was for.

'Sorry baby I won't insist on you telling Val as long as you're sure about what you're doing.' What would I've done without my mother? 'Thank you mum and I love you.' I hugged my mother.

'Zendaya do you want to carry on with your career tho?' Dad asked. 'Dad you said that everyone said I could carry on working until the last month so why are you asking me again?' I asked my dad in confusion and worry. What if people had changed their minds about my pregnancy? 'No Daya this isn't about them it's about you, do you really want to be in front of cameras in this situation especially if you're not telling Val.' My dad was so angry at Val and he had every right to be so. 'Dad we can shut the media up until the baby is born like we did when we were trying to hide my relationship with Val and make minimal public appearances, I think we've got this!' At least I hope that we have things under control. 'Ok Daya I'll do as you say!'

Two weeks ago I had given up on life but now I have a new reason to live for. My child. 'I don't need anyone else as long as I've got you guys and this little bundle of joy.' I said putting my hand on my belly in hopes that my baby may have felt it.

It was decided that this is going to be my life now. Not the perfect timing but still so worth it.