Chapter Eleven: Discussions Interrupted

AHSOKA TANO

Ahsoka stood watching the holographic displays on the round table at the center of the bridge on Phoenix Home, her arms crossed. She, her husband, Bail Organa and Commander Sato had been talking about the Squadron becoming more active in the Outer Rim. It was, after all, the most mobile of the Rebel cells.

"The Squadron have to steer clear of Hutt Space, however," Lux said, gesturing towards a sizeable section on the regional map of the galaxy. "We're allowed to pass through to get to sectors not controlled by the Hutts, but Jabba made it very clear the last time Fulcrum spoke with him that Rebel activity on his territory would not be tolerated."

"However," Ahsoka added, "as you all know, he's not the most avid of supporters of the Emperor, and he said that he would be open to smuggling for us, should we require his services."

"And what about this sector?" Bail pointed to a small zone on the map that was green, while surrounded by blue dots. Green, according to the color scheme, was under Imperial control, while the blue dots represented sectors that had Rebel cells operating in them.

"That's the Lothal sector, isn't it?" Commander Sato asked, tapping at the display to enlarge the image. "As far as I know, the Empire doesn't care much for that sector, except for the planet Lothal. Other than some low-key mining operations, I don't think that it's of much interest to them."

Ahsoka and Lux shared a look, realizing that the commander was coming dangerously close to finding out about their mining operation. Should we tell him about the kyber crystals? She asked him, using their telepathic link.

No, he replied. Sato can know about the ore-related mining operation, but those crystals can be used for things other than lightsabers.

She understood what he meant. Kyber crystals were worth a fortune on the black market, and could be made into explosives, weaponry and repurposed for a variety of other less-than-respectable uses.

"We don't have any cells in that area, do we?" asked Lux, breaking off their mental line of communication.

"No," Bail replied. "We will have to establish one there as soon as possible. As soon as we can get ahold of those old Mon Cala cruisers, we'll need Lothal's iron ore to fix the ships. We need to–"

"I'll take care of it," Ahsoka interrupted, an idea as to how to protect IronFist's true purpose – mining kyber crystals – coming to her. "I'll look around. There are always people who are willing to fight against the Empire on backwater planets like Lothal. And besides, Lux Bonteri here runs a mining operation on that planet. We can get the ore to the Mon Cala shipyards under the guise of exportation."

"Very well, Fulcrum," Commander Sato said. "I will be in contact with you. But training an entire cell will be difficult work, and dangerous. Should the protocol change, we'll be ready to come to your aid."

The protocol that he spoke of was the one that kept the Rebel cells scattered across the galaxy from exposure, should a Rebel leader be caught. With the exception of the elite few that knew, no Rebel subordinates knew who led other cells or where they were.

She inclined her head. "Thank you, Commander. I appreciate that."

"These are difficult times, Fulcrum. Phoenix Squadron is the Rebellion's mobile unit. We have to be ready for anything, and–"

He was cut off as blaster fire suddenly began to rock the ship, and Ahsoka stumbled, nearly falling over. The floor was suddenly on a sharp angle, creating an imbalance with the ship's artificial gravity. If Lux hadn't grabbed hold of her and pulled her back up behind the display table, she probably would have slid all the way down the room to the viewport.

As her husband pulled her to her feet and the gravity stabilized itself again, she yelled, "What was that? What's going on?"

Commander Sato, who had been holding on to the table on the other side, tapped at a corner of the holographic display for a report from his crew. A moment later, he looked up. "We're under attack!"

*Phoenix Home and the rest of Phoenix Squadron is under attack. But who could their assailants be? Are they Imperial agents, or another unknown party? And what will become of Kaylira down on the surface, separated from her Master while they're under siege? And just who is the mysterious presence from Ahsoka's dream? You'll find out in the next thrilling chapter of The Unchronicled Adventures Of Ahsoka Tano!

YAY NEW CHAPTER!! Okay, I know that I promised I would update shortly in the last chapter, but stuff came up. And besides - I think that a double update is worth it, isn't it? This chapter is the first of two that I have ready, and the next one will be up in a few moments.

Some things about this chapter: this is where I was laying in the groundwork for the foundation of the Lothal Rebel cell, and Phoenix Squadron coming to rescue the Rebels in the Season 1 finale. Not to mention that I gave a reason for Ahsoka getting involved in this cell personally... Though others might just come around...

Remember your mother as someone who was kind, but sad, and may the Force be with you,

Sharron