Connie

Connie finished tidying up the apartment at exactly 5 pm. She had straightened everything out, making it look like a sparkling diamond.

Mary sat in her room, the door shut. Connie had bought her three bags of snacks, and heated up some hot pockets for her dinner. She wasn't that happy about not getting to watch their love unfold, but Connie would never speak to her again if she even opened that door once.

Connie finished putting out the food and stepped back. She admired her work, but something was missing. Let's see. Wine, food, pillows, Dirty Dancing, Sixteen Candles, a big blanket, and her iPod playing in the background on a love playlist. Connie couldn't put her finger on it.

Right as Connie was about to give up, Mary cracked open her door. "Connie!" she whispered. "Is Mark here yet?"

Connie whipped around and glared at Mary. "No! And your not aloud to come out, remember!"

Mary sighed. "I'm sorry, I just wanted to make sure that you did everything right."

"Mary! I don't need your help."

"I know about these things, so at least let me look." Mary stepped out of her room and looked around. She laid her eyes on the window, overlooking a few shops and apartments. Mary nodded and walked over to it. She grabbed the curtains and tore them open.

Connie ran over and closed them. "What the hell, Mary! I don't want the whole world seeing me and Mark having sex!"

Mary threw her head back and groaned. "You really don't get it, do you Mary? Leaving the window open keeps you guys from showing off everything. It's better to explore bits and pieces than the whole damn thing."

Connie threw her hands up and groaned. "You have obviously been drinking too
much!" She then sprinted into Mary's room and squatted down to a drawer under Mary's bed that she called her drink drawer. "I'm not going to let you ruin my anniversary! Not for anything!" Connie took two bottles of cheap corner store vodka and stood up.

Mary ran over to Connie and slapped the bottles out of her hand. Connie's hand reflexed and she dropped both bottles. Vodka flew everywhere and covered the floor.

As soon as the vodka fell to the ground, a knock was heard. Mark! Connie began to panic. She grabbed Mary's comforter off of her bed and began to clean the clear liquid off the floor. "Mary! I have to answer him. Clean this up now!"

Mary stood by the wall, looking terrified. "Ok. Ok Connie." She leaned over and wiped the vodka up. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine, just hurry up!" Connie slid in her socks and shut Mary's door, running for dear life to answer Mark. She stopped to dim the lights a bit, only to run right over to the door where Mark stood behind. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and breathed softly.

Something then took control of her mind and she slid the door knob into her hand. It twisted slowly. The door cracked open. And there was Mark.

"Hey, Connie." His voice sounded scratchy as if he just woke up. Mark's hair was ruffled and his clothes were crappy.

Connie's cheeks sagged in annoyance. "Hey Mark." Connie searched for words to describe her emotions. "Um. . . am I missing something? I feel a little over dressed." She looked down at her clothes; a blouse tucked into a short black skirt. It was ten steps higher than Mark's sweatshirt and jeans with holes in the knees.

Mark smiled handsomely. "Well, I don't want you in clothes, Connie." His hands were at his sides, and his face was in no way blushed.

Connie's heart beat like a drum. She felt her ears get hot with excitement. "Oh. Right." She pressed her palm against her cheek in affection.

Mark touched her hand and smiled even larger. "Now. Shall we?" He motioned toward the couch.

Connie gasped in surprise. "Oh! We're doing this now?" She pushed away his hand. "I thought we could watch a movie or eat something."

Mark took a small step forward. "There'll be time for that later, babe. Now, we have to cherish this moment." He took hold of her neck and threw his lips into hers, knocking Connie back a bit. She yelped in surprise, but couldn't bring herself to pull away from him. He smiled against her mouth. "Besides," he said devilishly. "You won't be able to resist."

His neck was warm and soft in Connie's hands, and his breath was hot on her lips. She had never been kissed like this, leading Mark to be the guide. She felt him squeeze her shoulders tight and pull her toward him, until they were completely pressed against each other. Mark slammed her against the wall, not hard, but forcefully, his mouth fiercely kissing her and Connie barely able to keep up. Her heart beat into Mark's chest, her hair tangled in his hands and his knees pushing against her thighs. He had always been taller than her, but he seemed like a giant now, his head bent down toward her.

Without a moment's hesitation, he pushed her toward the couch, practically throwing her on the cushions. He sat on top of her, still kissing, still surprising Connie. He cupped her face in his hands.

"I told you you wouldn't be able to resist." He grinned charmingly, and fell down on top of her .

————————————————————————

To all my readers, I apologize that this chapter is shorter than my other ones. I usually try to make it over a thousand or two thousand words, but this one just fell behind a bit. More chapters will be coming soon. I'm working on the latest one as you are reading this so I hope you enjoy the rest of the story.

—Your trustworthy author,
                       Abby