Chapter 5

I've been in School for a month now, some of the hate has stopped but not all of it. I still have the one friend, she's really nice though. My parents really like her too, which helps.

I met my social after school today, she's not the nicest person but she isn't bad. After what seemed like hours of answering questions she told my parents I would have to either be removed from the house or have weekly counseling sessions if the bullying didn't stop. I really want to stay with RJ and Rick so I told her to put me in counseling.

When Rick got home from work the next day he was acting weird, he's never acted like this before. He pulled RJ into the next room to talk. When they were done talking RJ was acting strange too, they were both blowing me off and not talking much, they never did this before. I'm really worried about what's going on, I hope I don't get moved to a different home.

It's been a week since they started acting strange, they hardly talk to me anymore. Am I really that bad? They're starting to make me wonder if I really am meant to be alone.

My biggest fear has suddenly become true. I walked into my weekly counseling session after school to find a trash bag in the corner, along with my social worker. I'm being placed in a children's home an hour away. My social worker, Erin said it wasn't anything to do with me, it just wasn't a good place for me because I was being bullied and gay parents don't set a good example.

I don't know what I'm going to do now, I'm so lost. Everything I gained the past couple months was yanked out of my hand in Just a few short moments. Erin won't even let me say goodbye to RJ and Rick.

Why is this happening? What did I do to deserve this? What does this mean for the future?