Friend or Foe

The shuffling and breaking of branches continued until I felt a hand rest on shoulder. I forced my eyes shut. "DO IT QUICKLY" I screamed, I started to sob. Tears streamed down my face. "Please" I whimpered in fear of what this person could do. Please please please. I repeated inside my mind.

The hand moved off my shoulder. Are they getting a knife? Are they about to kill me? All I could force myself to think about was the worst possible circumstance. I kept my eyes shut. Suddenly it became silent, too silent. I strained my eyes open. Sweat dripping off my forehead, covering my hair. I twisted my head around to see a boy sitting there. His hair dull mostly covered in in grey stuff. Dirt smeared across his face. He sat there, staring, confused.

"Hi-"he opened his mouth but quickly forced it to a close. I just stared in sheer curiosity. He opened his mouth but this time blurted out ongoing questions "Who on the bloody earth are you? How did you survive? Did you cause the explosion? Where ar-". 'BOOM' the earth rattled, my body shock. I quickly forced my gaze away from the boy and on to the explosion. Where was it coming from? Why can we not see it? "Do you mind" the boy muttered almost silently. I snapped my gaze back to him, I sat on a near rock. "What is your name?" The boy stared at me confused, like he did not expect me to talk.

I glared at him, his eyes dark with fear. "Ummm... okay" I shook my head. "I am-" my mind was cut off. Who am I? It had been so long that I had forgotten. I glared at him harshly "I am-" I strained my thoughts, my face swelled with contemplation, my hands now clenched into tightly formed fists. My mind snapped, the reaction was so fast it was like I had just figured out the theory to life. "I am Belle, Who are you?" The boy flayed his hands in the air. "Why? Why would I tell you?" Hatred swelled inside me, something I had never felt. My face clenched together like I didn't understand the question. I glared, this time in sheer anger.

I stared at him, grinned "I don't know why you would?" The boy looked shocked as if he had not expected those words. 'BOOM' This time louder. My ears tingled. It's getting closer. It is approaching us. "We need to go."