how she's fun | her

OF COURSE HE had to know that she wouldn't take it completely seriously.

She wasn't that cowardly girl anymore, frightened to write something that might cause a plethora of conflicting emotions on a piece of paper.

Granted, she would occasionally hesitate just to think twice, unlike him. But more often than not, she was having fun.

Unfortunately for him, the word fun and amusement did not have the same definition in their dictionaries, exactly why he was currently giving her a stink eye after he saw her choice of words.

Well, there were a few decent ones that she could tell he approved of. However, the whole first half of the paper reserved for her was currently filled with useless and vulgar words. On the bright side, they were complicated sounding words.

"JJ!" someone called out interrupting his glowering, "debate training starts in five."

At the same time, as if planned, her friends rounded up the corner from their lockers, heading towards their direction.

Their after class rendezvous at the lockers was cut short as he shot her a small smile and turned to leave. "I'll see you soon, Liv."

"Bye, JJ." she grinned. Being one of the few people who doesn't call him by his nickname, she knew that it irked him whenever she did actually call him that.

He didn't, however, get a chance to scowl at her some more because he had been completely swamped with work in a matter of a few minutes.

"Can you be any slower?" A light joking voice from behind her spoke up.

"I had things to do!" she defended, shoving Julian's stupid piece of paper in her locker and slamming it shut afterwards.

Two voices scoffed at the same time and consequently raised four eyebrows at her.

Darcy Lowell and Ruby Brent were always a sight for sore eyes whenever they ganged up on her.

Precisely why she knew that she would have to hold on for a few minutes and shut her mouth as Ruby feigned a sigh.

"Liv ditched us for JJ."

In case anyone is confused, JJ and Julian are the same person. JJ's just his nickname to most people because of his name (Julian Jeremiah).

Anyways, thank you for reading! I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I love writing it :)

Vote, comment, and follow!

- Elle