how they work | him

THEIR FRIENDSHIP WAS quite different. It was filled with unlikely debates, a hint of humor, and just the simple presence of the other.

Sure, by the end of the day, he went his way and she went her way, but one thing they know is they their roads will always cross again.

That was why he thinks that she gives him too much credit. Often times, he brings out a different side of her. But she does too.

He wants to know more so he could give her more.

It was toxic, it was beautiful, it was complicated and painful.

That was what happened when the question of existence came during one of their messages.

She had said that she wanted to know what being here on earth was for. Do we live simply just to die?

He was not fazed by the question. If anything, more intrigued. She was like gold. You had to mine through everything first before seeing the first bit of what was inside.

He wanted to know all the answers, give her all the answers she wanted.

But he couldn't.

He wasn't everything she wanted. Behind his clever remarks and thoughtful messages, he was still struggling too.

He wanted to know the answer too. That was probably why he googled that, tried to understand it, and relayed it to her.

In turn, she was fascinated by his answer. So was he. Fascinated that he did this just to tell her and make her feel less conflicted.

He thought to himself, When will he have something to give her?

And found it much harder to answer this question.