Buttons.

First button.

Second button.

Third button.

Two crimson eyes peered at the plastic circles that evenly trailed up the center of his white dress shirt. Slipping each button through the slits in the fabric as his pale fingers quivered with excitement, his thoughts were drag-racing in his mind at a million miles an hour. In the matter of hours, he’s be entering the doors to his new school, new classes, new faces. When he had finished, he averted his gaze to the full length mirror he was standing in front of. The male had porcelain skin that was pale as china. He had soft, blossom coloured lips and pink cheeks. What seemed like a strawberry snake scar that twisted around his petite frame, contrasted against his ghostly skin. It wrapped around his torso, legs, his neck, and stopped right under his left eye. The scar was a story of it’s own. His velvet, feathery hair was the same snow white as his button up shirt. It was shaggy and swooped across his forehead almost covering his ruby eyes. His eyes were so gorgeous. They were like a ruby ocean that the sun glimmered off the waves. They were stain glass windows that could see into your soul.

Turning away from the refection, he tip-toed over to his naked bed; the entire room was bare. The walls that once held art, collages, photos, and posters were now empty. The only things left were the bed that had the articles of clothing that he was going to wear on it and the mirror. Sighing, the boy felt a bit melancholy. This was his home for the longest of time. He loved it. The sudden realization hit him. He was leaving behind the beloved bakery, the porch he sat on in the middle of the night and gazed at the stars, his room, the poor town on the outskirts of No. 6. Now he was leaving the refurbished city and going to an academy that was millions of miles away from his home. But it was also mixed with the feeling of eagerness. He was so impatient. The time to leave this place wasn’t coming soon enough.

Scooping up the black, slim trousers from the bed, he squeezed into them. Tucking his shirt in and looping his belt, he was almost finished dressing in the uniform. Shoving his feet into his socks then pulling his ebony converse on, he was just about ready. Tying the Academy tie around his neck, he felt restrained. It was more of a noose than a formal dress accessory. The silk tie was maroon with a raven emblem on the bottom that represented Arcose Academy, his new home. Finally finishing dressing, he picked up the last thing that was lying on the bed. It was a silver rectangle. Pinning it to his uniform, it read: Shion.