Chapter one.

College is never easy.

But one way or another, it's always easier when you have your best friend with you. 

It's 6:00 am and i've just finished packing. My mom is waiting in the kitchen drinking her morning coffee while reading the newspaper. Boxes are everywhere in the living room, when I walk down the stairs. Today is the day i'm moving to college. Im going to Stanford college in Seattle. We live in Redmond so it's a gonna take 7 hours to drive to Seattle. Were going to drive past Bellevue where we are going to pick up Adrianna.  Adrianna is my best friend, and i've known her since i was 7 and i'm 18 now. So we have known each other for a pretty long time.

"Hey Cat, have you packed your last things yet?"

I nod and find some coffee beans because I'm about to make some coffee.

"Oh honey, I already made you some coffee". I turn around to look at my mom.

She smiles tense and hands me a cup with coffee. While looking at her I see new fine lines around her eyes. I know she tries to hide her anxiousness about me going to college.

"Thanks", I say.

I sit down by the table and drink my coffee.

"So.. Are you excited?" my mom ask while folding her newspaper.

"Quite", I answer while looking at her.

"The trailer is coming in about 30 minutes, so you don't have much time left to get ready", she says, and I nod as a silent answer.

I put my coffee on the table and walk up the stairs.

"I'm gonna take a shower", I yell to my mom and she yells back: "Okay".

I walk into the bathroom and lock the door, and then I'm off to Showerland.

"Honey are you almost ready? We are driving in 15 minutes" my mom yells to me from the kitchen.

"Yeah, I'm drying my hair" i yell back.

I brush my hair and let i be down. I take some leggings on and a sweater. It's not the warmest temperature yet. Were still in January. I find my phone and my shoulder bag where my laptop is in. I have my things and go down. 

The moving men is already here. I smile to them and tell them where my room is so they can get the last boxes. My mom gives them the address to the college while i'm calling Adrianna.

"Whats up Caty?" Adri says.

"Do not act cool Adri it doesn't fit you"

"Haha yeah right you're just jealous"

"You wish"

"Haha okay, but why you're calling?"

"Have the moving men been over at your house?"

"Yeah they just left"

"Okay, well be over there in about an hour,okay?"

"Okay"

"See ya"

"See ya"

and i hang up. My mom opens the door and sits down.

"Has the moving men been at Adrianna's house?" she asks.

"Yeah, they just left."

"Okay lets go then." she says

And she starts the car.

We just arrived at Adri's house. My mom presses the honk two times and Adri finally opens the door. Adri's parents and her little sister stands by the door saying goodbye to Adri. My mom waves to her parents and they wave back. Adri hugs her parents and her little sister and then walk past us. She opens the door and sits down in the backseat.