Chapter 1: How I Wish To Be Normal

Elemental Glyphs:

The Wizard of Light (Book One)

Chapter One: How I Wish To Be Normal

            How I wish from this very moment to be a normal kid, a normal student, a normal friend and a normal son. If you, who are reading now this piece of crap wish to be like me, I’m warning you to stop dreaming of being such a freak like me, because of this shit spells, powers and such my life became miserable, I’m telling you, this is not cool as you think, as good as you think and as fun as you think. Your life will always be in danger and it’s very scary,

And if you, who are reading this, are one of us then don’t hide, because you’re putting all the people around you in great danger (which I almost did). Pack your stuffs and come with us, the elders will provide you free transportation (if you’re lucky and have a power of teleportation, you can teleport yourself to our place or use your telepathy to contact us) food, board and lodging, education, friends and the training (that I hated sometimes) like they did to me, to us like your kind.

And if you, who are reading this, are just a mere kid who believe that wizards, witches, vampires, aliens, monsters, dragons, zombies are fiction then continue reading. I envy you that you are not one of us. You are blessed with a normal life, enjoy it and enjoy reading this.

By the way my name is Luke Sanders.

I am 15 years old. I used to have a normal life, I go to school studying academics, playing with kids like me (I mean we had same ages) and mingle with others. But my normal life started to change when I turned fourteen; I started to do things that normal kids can’t.

It was Saturday morning; we went to a boring seminar about juvenile delinquency in our school, William Academy. As I enter the gates, I saw my best friend Simon Green. Simon was the only friend I have; he had a black straight hair, fair skin and 5’4 in height, he was a consistent achiever in our class unlike me which academics was not my priority.

“Hey buddy! How’s our morning?” He tapped me in my shoulder and tapping my shoulder whenever we will meet was his hobby.

“Fine, how about yours?” I asked and one thing is for sure he will explain to me that he finished reading his book about wizards, that wizards were true and magic and etc. That’s so silly, I mean there were no wizards, they were fictitious, and they were not real. There was no magic and no spell casters. They were all product of man’s imagination. “Don’t say anything about wizards, okay. They are not real, none of them are real. They don’t exist.”

“But—” I cut his next lines. He was so obsessed with these witchcrafts. As we opened the door and entered inside the auditorium my head started to hurt. The room had no light; the room was so dark I can’t even saw what was going on. I almost fell into the floor. I grabbed Simon’s shirt.

“Dude what’s going on? Are you okay?” My head always got hurt whenever there is no light. I put my left hand to my forehead and started growling in pain. Sweats ran through my face and I felt my head was going to burst.

“Dude what’s wrong?” Asked Simon as he held my shoulder and grabbed my bag. He assisted me to sit in the near bench. “Dude, do you want to go to the clinic?”

“I want light, tell them to switch on the lights.” Simon shouted to turn on the lights, he exaggerated what was really happening, and he shouted that I am dying. But I didn’t stop him because I’m fainting. The lights in the auditorium turned on. “Dude are you okay now?”

I patted his shoulder, the pain in my head started to ease, my breathing was now normal. I told Mom about this and we went to a doctor for a checkup. She said that I have a phobia, I am afraid of places with the absence of light, dark places. But I am telling you I am not afraid, I only feel weak without any presence of light, I am always fainting when there is no light. “I’m okay now, thanks dude.”