Untitled Part 6

Venting my anger through killing felt good. I want more though. More blood. 

My father should be fun. Yes. Then my mother. Then I'll live in the woods or whatever. Yes. Good plan. Flawless. 

I roll over in bed, rolling my eyes. If only it were easy. I could stab my father in the lungs while he sleeps. Then my mother. I need a real knife for that. A kitchen knife will do. I'll pack my things tonight. 

I grab my biggest bag and stuff it with food like crackers and bread. Non perishable foods. Some cans and can openers. I then raid all the money in the house and stuff it in the bag. I put my pocket knife in too. I grab a large and sharp knife. This will do. I grab a blanket and put it in the bag with some warmer clothes. I check the clock. 12:30am. Perfect. They are asleep. Maybe I can duel wield the knives. I grab another large knife and grip one in each hand. I can't believe I'm doing this. 

I quietly creep into my parents room. I loathe the sight of them. I crawl lightly into the center of the bed and raise the knives above their chest. Right where the lungs should lie. I sure hope I'm right. 

"This is for all the depressed kids like me who just want a safe haven. May they know they can always join me in my quest for revenge" I whisper. A quick downward thrust with both arms sends the knives into my parents chests. All the way down to the handle of the knife. The bodies jerk and a look of pain is forever written on their faces. Their eyes are open and so are their mouths. Their eyes glaze over but their mouths remain in the eternal silent scream. 

I pull out the knife and then plunge them down over and over into each body. Blood sprays my face. I wipe it off. I feel good. After tearing up my families bodies, I head out with my bag and knives concealed. 

I wander until I'm at the heart of the city. I sit down in the fountain and drink. I then find a near by dark ally and curl up under the blanket and sleep. 

The following days goes slowly. 

I wake up and eat some bread and crackers. I walk into a nearby store to use the bathroom and drink from the sink. I sit in the ally, planning my next move. Nothing comes to mind. I eat and go to the bathroom and drink and sleep. It's cold out here. And lonely. 

The next two weeks are the same. I barely have any food left. My blanket had been through a lot. Several stray dogs have fought me for it. It's all holey and dirty. 

It's a quiet morning when I hear a little girl talking. She's selling cookies. 

I over hear her speaking. 

"Hello sir! Would you like to buy some cookies from Miss A's orphans?" I can hear the disgusting smile in her voice. 

"Well of course I would dear! I'll take one of each!" The man seems friendly. How nice. He must have had a happy life, I think bitterly. 

"That'll be ten dollars sir!" A pause as the money as exchanged and then" thank you very much sir! The fine ladies and gentlemen back at miss A's appreciate your help!" She skips off. She stops at the ally I'm in when she sees me. 

Because I really wanted this brats attention. Great. I'll just ignore it.

"Um-excuse me?....excuse me...ma'am.... Um... Hey... LISTEN TO ME!" She ends up yelling at me. I turn slowly to her. "Sorry, but are you an orphan?" I nod. "Oh! I live in miss A's orphanage for young ladies and gentlemen. I'm sure I can get you in! Follow me!" She grabs my wrist and runs with me. This girl must be 5 years old at the least. 

She sprints to a nice looking pink building. I hate it. She drags me in and down some stairs to an office where she knocks. 

"Come in" says a falsely sweet voice. 

"It's me, may. I have a new lady to be trained for work! Isn't that exciting!" She seemed genuinely happy.

"May. How many times have I told you. We don't take in random rats. I guess we have to keep her." The lady glares and I hate her. 

Mays face drops. Tears begin to roll. "I thought you'd be happy miss A. It's a new lady for ya to trian."

"We say "you", not "ya". This is why we don't take in cattle like her. Not even you can say things correctly. Just show it to your room. Get it out of my sight now." 

May walks out glumly. "Sorry may. I shouldn't have come." I try to be nice. The poor girl may be like me!

"Oh it's ok! We can be best friends! My old friend got adopted but nobody wants me! But now I have you! This will be great. Your bed will be right here." She seemed happy again. 

I smile. "Thanks may. I hope we become friends."

I lay in my new bed and sleep.