That One Word

*All the Harry Potter characters and theyre universe belongs to J.K Rowling*
Warning: Time Jump
________________________
-Second year, at Hogwarts-

Hermione kissed her parents goodbye. She was heading for the train to her second year at Hogwarts.

Last year had been great. Harry,Ron,Draco and her had become the best of friends. But that had took some time.
After the Sorting Ceremony she hadn't talked to Draco again. He was hanging out with Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. The problem about that had been that Ron and her didn't really get along. So Hermione's first weeks had been really lonely without any friends.

Until Halloween.

The three boys had saved her from a giant troll. After that they all had actually become friends.

After that ,the four of them had discovered a secret stone being hidden in the castle. The Philosophers Stone was it's name.

They had thought Professor Snape was trying to steal the stone, and they had tried to stop him. But someone way more dangerous had tried to steal the stone.

Voldemort.

But before they found out , they had to get past some real dangerous traps. They had to get past a three headed dog who fell assleep after it heard a song. Then they had fallen into a Devil's Snare that had tried to strangle them. Lucky for them Hermione knew a spell to get them out of their grip. After that they had fallen into a pitch black room where Draco had casted lumos so they could see where they were going. Harry had to catch a big old fashioned key while riding a broom. Only to bring them in a room with a big real life game of Wizard's Chess. Ron had been really brave and had sacrificed himself so they could get past it. But Harry had gone to next room by himself. What happened in that room was a story now everyone on Hogwarts knew. It had been a scary but fantastic adventure and she couldn't wait for another one.

Hermione waved her parents goodbye one more time before running through the big wall between Platform 9 and 10 to get on Platform 9/10. Her parents couldn't get past that wall. They were Muggles.

Draco who got on the platform a little while before Hermione also waved his parents goodbye. The train would come soon so there was no point for them to stay at the Platform any longer. 'Or maybe the real reason was that they simply didn't care enough' Draco thought.
His father had been very dissapointed about the fact that his own son wasn't placed in Slytherin.

Too deep in his own thoughts Draco didn't mind his steps. He bumped into someone and heard an "ouch" slipping out of the persons mouth.
"Jeez, look where your going I was-" Draco immediatly stopped when he recognized the person. It was Hermione. "Oh bloody hell! I'm sorry Granger I didn't notice it was you". Even thought she was his best friend, he often called her by her last name. It was just his nickname for her.

"Draco! Oh i'm so sorry I was just-" before she could finish her sentence he cut her off. "Doesn't matter, I wasn't really looking where I was going either" he told her. Before he could say something else, Hermione pulled him into a big warm hug.
A little bit suprised by her sudden action he hestitately put his arms around her and hugged her back.
Hermione pulled back from they're hug and smiled at him exited.

"DRACO,HERMIONE!"

Both of them let go of each other so they could search for who yelled their names.

"WHERE OVER HERE!"

It was Ron, waving happily. Harry was standing next to him, looking a bit ashamed of his friends yelling.
Hermione and Draco walked over to them.
"Jeez Ron you didn't have to shout" Draco mocked him.
"I didn't shout!" Ron defended himself.
"Are you Sirious Ron? You screamed so hard I thought I would be deaf by now" Harry told him while laughing slightly.