Chapter four

There was a feeling in the bottom of my concious that I couldn't quite shake. It wasn't even this feeling of powerlessness that terrified me, it was the fact that I recognised it that really added the poison to the situation. Memories I had tried so hard to push down began to resurface, but I shove them to the back of my mind firmly. This scene of weakness seemed to eat away at me. How could one person have the power to do this?

***

He'd gone now. In fact he'd been gone quite sometime, I could here him walking downstairs. I could smell the cigarette smoke, still tasting his alcohol on my lips. The thing is I haven't moved from this spot, the one he threw me in. Wanting to move is easy, feeling paralysed is even easier.

The floors colder than before. My cheek resting on the hard wooden surface as I replayed the actions again and again. Head thumping, heart pounding I knew this wasn't over. However I couldn't just lie here and let him make me out as a victim. Not again. Slowly I began to rise from my position and continue towards the window. My heart still racing and tears still running I scanned the room for a hard object, the lamp was the only thing in sight. Unhesitatingly I ripped the thing from its socket and raised my arm to throw it towards the glass, I didn't care if I was 3 stories up, escaping is my only option.

"Now doll thats a bad idea." Harry. Just from his very presence the lamp started to shake in my grasp. No.

"I think you'll find its not" I say, controlling my voice so it can't break. Unexpectedly I heard him sigh deeply and the look in his eyes softened as they began to avoid mine. I turned my back, facing the window, facing my only way out. He was quiet thats was a first...

Carefully he placed his large hand on my shoulder, I shrugged it off and tensed up.

"Please don't be like that." He mentioned softly into my hair making me shiver. There was a long pause after, his hand didn't move and neither did the lamp. All that could be heard in the silence was the sound of my shaky breathing. Both of us were just standing there, weirdly after a while I stopped shaking. He noticed and deliberately and steadily started to remove the lamp from my grasp. Carefully he placed it on the table and proceeded to lead me to sit with him on the bed. Every muscle in my body was telling me to get back up, smash the glass and jump. My mind would't allow it. I needed to know why he was doing this.

"So looks like I've got some explaining to do," he looked directly into my eyes as he began.

" I never wanted to do this. You need to know that first. As you know my position in London isn't exactly a safe one, " I nodded in response, assuming he was talking about the fact he was a criminal.

" The other group, they saw us together and now your in danger, so I need you here were I can keep an eye on you. "

" I can look after myself." I hissed back at his attempt, in response he got up and walked towards the door.

"Trust me doll I know you can't." and with that he left me even more confused than before.

And so I was abandoned, once again, sitting on the bed bewildered and confused. He never wanted to do this? Please, of course he did, he said right from the start he wanted me as his. Why couldn't he have just left me? If we had never spoken in the first place I would never be in danger. For once I saw that this was entirely his fault. But then again, who were these other people threatening us both? Who were these people who were putting me in danger?

So many questions but so little answers. The situation made my hands tremor, a habit I thought I had gotten rid of once my brother had left. I didn't know what I was supposed to do, stay here in the so called 'protection' of Londons most wanted criminal, or flee back to my own empire with Jemma and my company. Inevitably my mind and body grew tiered of everything, so reluctantly I fell into a deep sleep.

***

"Morning doll." Harry said softly, shaking my arm gently to try and wake me up. Harry was perched on the end of the large bed wearing black jeans and a bare chest which was covered in an array of artistic tattoos. He was obviously trying not to scare me but it didn't work and I scrambled to the top of the bed in terror.

"Please don't." He murmured, seeming almost sorry. " Look, about what happened yesterday...I'm sorry I kinda lost it," Now he was looking directly at me, something he kept doing, it made me nervous. "But I meant what I said last night Anna, I only took you to keep you safe."

It took me a moment to register what he just said, after all he didn't call me doll.

" So here's the deal, your mine in front of my friends , you let me take care of you...." He listed

"what's in it for me?" I interrupt.

"I'll keep you alive doll. Oh and of course there's the best part," Harry smirked with a slight glint in his eye. 

"You get to see what the worlds like being the girl of harry styles" He finished, getting up once again to exit but this time he did something quite different.

"You coming doll?" the criminal winked and gestured for me to come towards the door. Surprisingly I followed, he took my hand and lead me into his world.