The Calm After A Storm

[A/N: well hey there friendship . (138,848,939,992 points to anyone who gets that reference , plus if you get it you're my favorite) so I feel like I owe you guys a chapter and NOW, Because I'm a procrastinate-y little bitch, but just ugh. So this is very rushed and very fluffy, and this story will be wrapping up soon .. I just don't see a lot of other places to go with it and its getting a little tired and idk. But I hope you all enjoy this!]

Alyssa's POV:

I hated a lot of things at this point. I hated Ronnie, I hated Ronnie more than anything. I hated this feeling thy lingered, like I was dirty and abused and a horrible person. And I hated that I couldn't contain myself long enough to even see my boyfriend and talk to him face to face. That was precisely why I had locked myself in the bathroom of the tour bus two days after the incident.

"Alyssa," Jordan pleaded, banging on the door. "Lyss, baby, please come out and talk to me." I just stood there, slumped against the wall, letting the collar of my pajama shirt get soaked with tears.

"Lyss, please?"

"Go away," I said , barely loud enough for him to hear.

"Lyss, please," he said, sounding scared and like he might cry. "Come out, I'm worried about you." I reluctantly pushed myself from the wall and unlocked the door with a shaking hand. I slowly pulled it open and saw Jordan standing there, arm raised as if he were about to knock on the door again.

"I don't want to talk to anyone," I informed him, staring at the floor.

"Lyss, look at me," he replied gently. I just shook my head.

"Lyss." His voice was barely a whisper as he gently slid a finer under my chin and tilted my head up.

"I know it's hard," he started, "but you have to believe me when I say it will get better. He's gone, gone for good, and I'm here to protect you. You're safe with me." He gently brought his lips to mine. I tensed and for a second I debated on pulling away. Physical contact was not my forte at the moment. But from that kiss I knew that I really was safe and loved. It was so gentle and sweet that it almost turned my tears of sadness into ones of pure happiness. He pulled away and gave me a bit of a half smile.

"Do you believe me?" he whispered. I threw my arms around him and laid my head against his chest.

"Of course I do," I answered, feeling him return my hug. He gently pushed me away from him and placed his hands on my shoulders, grinning and looking into my eyes.

"You look tired," he said suddenly.

"Not sleeping for two nights does that to you," I replied with a yawn.

"So come to bed then," Jordan replied, chuckling. "The show ran late last night and I'm exhausted." I looked at him quizzically.

"Don't you have to play tonight?"

He gestured to his black sweatpants and oversized white t-shirt.

"Do I look like I have a show today?" He laughed a little before holding out his hand, which I gladly took in my own.

* * * * *

A few minutes later we were both in Jordan's oversized bunk, under the covers. His arm was draped loosely around my waist and our legs were intertwined.

"It's not your fault you know." Jordan's whisper suddenly breaks the silence.

"I'd almost forgotten, too. Good thing you're here to remind me."

"Sorry," he sounded slightly worried. "It's just .. Why do you do it? Trouble always finds you, you blame yourself every time, and it's never your fault." I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly.

"I dunno," I said finally. "I don't. It's easier to blame myself than to be angry at everyone and everything, I suppose." I felt him nod.

"But why do you-"

"JOOOORDANNN!" An ear splitting scream cut him off. "JordanJordanJordan JORDAN!" Deryck burst through the curtain separating the lounge from the hallway of bunks. He trotted down the hallway and stopped in front of Jordan's bunk.

"What do you want?" Jordan craned his neck to glare at Deryck.

"Me and Andy set up the X Box and I need another player!" He whined. "Come onnnnn!"

"Do I not look busy!?" Jordan snapped. There was a moment of silence, then Deryck said, as if realization hit him like a ton of bricks,

"Ohhhhh!" I craned my neck a little and saw him sit on the edge of his bunk, which was across from Jordan's. He smiled and gave us a little wave.

"Carry on!"

"LEAVE!" Deryck jumped up from the bunk and sprinted down the hallway in the direction of the lounge.

"ANDY, WE'RE PLAYING ALONE! JORDAN AND ALYSSA ARE HAVING SEXY TIMES!" We laughed at that for a minute.

"Uh, Jordan?" He glanced down at me.

"Hm?"

"You know the little curtains on these bunks are there for a reason." He was quiet for a minute, then he reached out and pulled the little light-blocking curtain on the bunk shut.

"I knew that," he said quietly.

"Of course you did," I answered, yawning.

"Lyss, go to sleep." He didn't have to tell me twice. I closed my eyes and snuggled closer to him.

"I love you," I said quietly.

The last thing I felt before I drifted off was a soft kiss on my forehead.

"I love you too," he said softly.

[A/N: wow okay don't throw things at me I know this sucks I just feel like a douche canoe because I haven't updated in two months. So hi there. Okay so this story is going to be wrapping up soon. I'm just losing inspiration and it's getting a little tired and I have a new fanfiction that actually has character development and legible plot lines and all those good things. So yeah. Thank you all for supporting this story, I'm so thankful for every one of you. And special thanks to my almost co-writer Joslyn for always being there to get me out of my slumps and dealing with my emotional bitch-ness. Love you, girl. <3]