Chapter 4

"Want to hang out after school?" Emily asks Aria.

Aria shuffles her feet nervously. "Euh, sorry I can't. I have to finish my essay by tonight." She lies.

"Oh, tomorrow then?" Emily asks.

"Err, sure." Aria says, trying to hide her blushing. What obvisiosly didn't work because Emily noticed.

"Wait, why are you blushing? do you have a date?" Emily asks her, pulling up her eyebrows.

"No.." Aria says blushing.

"Then what is it?" Emily says.

"Ugh, nothing. It's complicated, Em. I'll explain later."

"Pleaseee?" Emily says.

"No, Em. It's private at the moment." Aria says turning her head away from her.

"Okay, sorry then." Emily says crossing her arms. "See you tomorrow."

"Bye." Aria walks outside, towards her car trying to find her car keys. When she found them, she unlocks the car and opens the door to step in, when she sees Ezra. Ezra sees her too, what gives her a knot in her stomach. She quickly steps in her car, trying to ignore Ezra staring at her. She starts the car and drives home.

"Aria, can you please bring Mike to his soccer game tonight?" Ella asks when Aria closes the front door.

"Not now, mom. I have work to do."

"Hm. I'll send your dad then." Ella says.

Aria feels the knot in her stomach even more now. She walks upstairs to check her make up. It's good, but she still puts more make up on, just for sure. When she walks downstairs, Ella's eyes directly go on Aria.

"Woah, are you going on a date tonight or something?" She asks her big eyed.

"No." Aria says turning her head away.

"Mhm." Ella says, not really believing it.

Aria looks at her clock. 6 pm. Ugh, 3 hours to go. She checks her phone if she got any more messages from ezra.
(1) unread message.
She could feel her heart pounding opening it.
Nope, it's Hanna.
Aria! Why didn't we talk today? Wanna hang out sometime? :) hanna

She texts her back;

Hi hanna! I can't today, maybe tomorrow with em? x aria

Aria walks to her front door, dissapointed she got not more messages from Ezra.

"Where are you going?" Ella asks.

"Uh, i'm going to Hanna's. Bye mom."

"Bye, have fun!"

Aria grabs her coat and walks to her car, texting Hanna if she would like to hang out for a few hours. When she steps in her car, she already got a text back.

Sorry, cant hang out right now. Im at the mall with mona. X hanna

Aria fastens her seatbelt and drives to the park. Aria walks to the nearest bench and texts Spencer if she wanted to hang out. Spencer texted her back directly;

Sure! I'll be there in 6 min. X spencer

And yes, Spencer was there in exactly six minutes.

"Aria!" Spencer says as she sees Aria.

"Hi!" Aria smiles and hugs her.

"How are you? How was Iceland?" Spencer wants to know everything.

"It was great! It was beautiful though, it's way different than here." Aria says.

"And have you met your prince yet?" Spencer says grinning.

"Nope, not yet." Aria says pushing Spencer.

Aria suddenly forgot the time as she was talking to Spencer, as she got a text from Ezra.

Are you still coming? - ezra

Aria totally panicked. She had to be there thirty minutes ago!
Spencer saw Aria's face and directly saw something was going on.

"Is there something wrong?" Spencer asks Aria concerned.

"Euh, nothing special. I got to go, sorry."

Aria quickly walks to her car and drives to the brew, feeling the knot in her stomach coming up again. When she got there, she already saw Ezra sitting on the old, light brown tinted couch. She could feel her heart pounding in her throat as she walked towards the door.