Third Line

I puckered my lips with the matte lipstick that suits the hue of my mermaid dress with an illusion neckline.

"You look gorgeous." Spade said, looking at me through the mirror. "And perfect." He added.

"Thanks to you." I grinned then stood up.

I had my hair and make-up done by him.

He's Spade Formosa, my hair and make-up artist.

Yup. He's he's a he.

I met him formally two years ago in a bar. I don't think the place is formal but we had the chance to know each other anyway. He's Mason's close friend.

I picked up my clutch and started to check my things. "Sabay na tayo umalis ah."

"Don't use your car. Ihahatid na kita."

That's a great idea. But...

"If I'd hitch a ride with you, then how would I get home?"

"Papang Rolly will fetch you."

"May damit ka ba?"

"Of course, I planned this out. Kilala na kita Clavera. Now, come on. Baka ma-late ka pa sa kakangawa mo... alam ko namang clingy ka sa'kin." He said, whispering the last phrase.

"Gutom lang 'yan, Formosa." I laughingly said.

We then walked to his car. We strapped our seatbelts before he drove.

.

.

We arrived at the venue after two hours. The place was outside the city kaya matagal. Plus, the traffic.

Spade opened the door for me, offering his hand. I took it and got out of the car.

I clunged into his arm while we approached the crowd.

"Sa sobrang ganda mo, akala nila ikaw yung bride." Spade remarked.

"Huh?" Was only my response.

I looked at the crowd and only then I realized that everyone's eyes were pinned at us.

I just smiled with a soft wave.

"Hi Ate Acelle! Can I take a picture with you?" A short-haired girl asked.

"Of course." I smilingly answered before moving closer.

.

.

A few clicks from different cameras before we excused ourselves. I thought that we need to get away from the attention. Also, may tumawag kay Spade kaya lumayo kami.

By the way, did I mention that a girl suddenly hugged Spade awhile ago? It was hilariously cute.

"No... I'm out of town. Yeah. Okay, fine. I'm on my way. Bye." Spade ended his call then looked at me. "I need to go, Acelle. Duty calls."

"Oh sure. Thanks for driving me here by the way. Take care." Nakipagbeso ako.

"Will you be fine?" He asked.

"Of course, dad. I'm already above eighteen."

Tumawa siya. "Okay then, crazy girl. Bye."

"Bye."

I saw him walk away and as soon as he did someone spoke, "He likes you."

I turned to look at the person.

Why... hello, attorney. Why art thou in a yellowish-white, three-piece suit?

"He's just a friend." I answered before offering my hand for a handshake. "Acelle Clavera, attorney."