1.2 - Her

Her name was Heidi.

It had taken the boy half an hour to get her medical attention.

He had ran to the hospital as soon as he had a steady grip on the withering body in his arms. Unfortunately, it took him a while, and he could not phone an ambulance, since he had left his phone at home - a very odd thing to do.

He had burst through the doors and ran to the front desk, not entirely sure where he was actually supposed to go.
They had rushed her in, and she was stable, after a long and stressful two hours.

And the boy sat. He waited for her, because he could not leave the girl he found in the trees.
She seemed special. He wanted to help her.
And so, when the ebony-skinned nurse with kind eyes pushed through the doors and asked if he wanted to see her, he jumped at the chance.

The boy sat next to her bed timidly and the girl watched him do so.
Her eyes were tired, but wide awake.

"My name his Heidi," the girl breathed, in a slight accent that he couldn't place. "Thankyou."

And with that, she closed her eyes.
And the girl in the trees had a name.

* * *
Hello! See? I told you it'd get happier. (if this counts as happier)
Today was really cool, I went kayaking and this massive water skater got in and I maaayyyy have screamed and jumped out ...
Anyway, have a nice day/night
X,tamlyn