Chapter 3: The Scare

Zero snarled at the next couple that came by. Scaring them greatly. Zero continued to growl, lunging at them. The girl yelped and they moved on. Zero stood up once they were out of sight and moved back to rub his neck. It was going to be sore by tomorrow. Another buzzer went off and Zero got back into position. He couched down by the tree he was 'chained' to.

Kaname and Yuki went through the maze. Kaname used his senses to find where the people were but didn't tell Yuki.

She screamed as another person jumped out. Kaname smiled at them slightly. He moved on. Yuki clinging to his arm.

Zero saw Kaname and Yuki coming around the bend. Yuki clinging onto Kaname for dear life. His vision went red and he growled darkly. He saw Yuki and Kaname stop and look around.

"K-Kaname...can we move on...please?!" Yuki said looking up at Kaname with pleading eyes. Kaname looked around and slowly started forward. Yuki still clinging to him.

Zero snarled and stalked forward. His chain that connected him to the tree rattling slightly against the ground. Yuki yelped and ran on a head. Zero jumped out and snarled at her. She screamed and fell back onto her ass. Kaname stopped and stared at Zero.

His ears were flat against his head and his lilac eyes held murder as he growled and snarled at Yuki. The poor girl was shaking and staring at him. She slowly got up and slowly made her way around the silverete. Zero kept his gaze locked on her. His chain just shy of letting him touch her. He swiped at the air and Yuki yelped and ran.

Zero turned his gaze to Kaname. The Pureblood had to swallow down a smile as he saw Zero's eyes gaze at him. Kaname saw Zero slowly back away. Letting the Pureblood pass.

Kaname sensed there wasn't anyone around but him and Zero. Kaname made his way over to the silverete. Zero's lilac eyes slowly lost the murderous intent. It was still there, but less prominent as when Yuki was around. Kaname reached a hand out to him. Zero's eyes flickered to his hand then to the ruby orbs of the Pureblood.

As much as Zero wanted to take it, he had to stay in character. He growled and stepped up to Kaname.

"Move on." Zero could hear how raspy his voice was from over using it.

Kaname smiled slightly. "Thank you. For scaring her away."

Zero frowned. His heart was already pounding. No doubt that Kaname could hear it. He growled and backed to his tree. Kneeling down in the shadows.

Kaname frowned and moved on. His thirst was greatest as he saw Zero assert his dominance over Yuki. The Pureblood rubbed his neck. It was craving something...but what?