The Birthday Gift

Sophie's Point of View:

After a while of walking, I arrived at a big, blue house with a wonderful garden. Sorted around the garden were a bunch of toys. I walked over to the front door and rang the doorbell. When Lisa's mom opened the door, she was her business suit and was talking on the phone. She was the president of a very popular and important business. She was barely home when I came over, so I'm guessing she decided to stay at home to celebrate her daughter's birthday. She gently smiled and opened the door for me. When I went in, I walked up a very fancy staircase and arrived at Lisa's bedroom. I knocked on the door. "Come in!" said a voice from inside. I grasped the doorknob and opened the pink door. She lifted up her head from her laptop and looked at me. "Sophie! You made it! I am sooo happy to see you!" said Lisa. She smiled gently and pointed to the gift I was holding. "Is that for me? You're such a good friend!" exclaimed Lisa. She was in a very good mood today. "Happy birthday, Lisa." I said as I handed her her gift. She quickly started taking off the wrapper and saw what was inside. It was half a necklace that seemed to say 'Best' on it. "A necklace?" asked Lisa. I smiled and answered, "Yeah. I have the other half." I pointed to the necklace that said 'Friends' on it and added, "If you put them together, you'll get 'Best Friends'." Lisa looked really delighted and hugged me. "Aww.. thanks a lot Soph!" she said. Then she immediately opened the card at the back. It read, Hi Lisa.. it's me, your best friend Sophie. Thanks for always being there for me when I was feeling blue or when I was really angry. You're a really good friend.. you know that? Plus.. it's your birthday today! Happy 12th birthday, Lisa. In return for being my very dependable and best friend, I decided to give you a necklace that I hope you'll keep forever. -Love, your bestie, Soph. When Lisa was finished reading, she looked up at me and hugged me gently. "I promise that I'll keep this necklace on for as long as I live. I'll never forget you, ever, Sophie." she said. Lisa told me about all her gifts she got for her birthday. "I got a big-screen tv.. right in my bedroom! And I got a shiny watch too. My favorite color, pink!" she exclaimed. Just like that, Lisa and I played together for a long time. Lisa said that she was really happy she had a friend like me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I hope you enjoy this story too, as well. Remember, we appreciate all comments, votes, and follows! Read the first chapter before reading this one! :D