The Sneaky couple Chapter 1

Author's Note:

Hey guys! well I happy to say that I have accomplished writing the one shot story for toots1! Our lucky winner of the contest in Reborn Again! Yay!!!!! So this is for toots1! Congrats! Also I don't own Ghost Hunt!
_________________________________________________________________________

The sneaky couple

Chapter 1:
The plans in motion...

It was a calm and peaceful afternoon in the SPR office, Lin was in his office working, unaware of the plans that were being hatched up by the young couple. Mai sat on Naru's desk with her legs hanging over the edge swinging them ever so slightly. "So we both agree that it would be easier to start with Lin right...?" She asked looking at her boss/boyfriend.

He nodded, "they aren't that idiotic, it should be easy..." Naru said answering her question.

She sighed slightly and hopped off of his desk, "I just pray he doesn't hate me for what I'm about to do..." Mai said a little doubtful.

Naru rolled his eyes, "He won't hate you... besides you're not one having to do the worst part..." Naru said straightening his desktop back to normal.

Mai smiled and walked around the desk to him, she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and kissed him on the cheek, "Thank you Naru..." she whispered in his ear she stood and walked to the door opening it. She looked back at him, "ready whenever you are.." With that she walked back to her desk.

Naru sighed, 'why am I doing this again... oh yeah... no tea...' "Mai, tea!" He yelled.

Mai stood up and walked to the kitchenette to make the tea, that was the signal to commence operation 'get Lin and Madoka together'. Mai smiled thinking about how cute those two are when they think nobody is watching them.

The kettle whistled calling Mai out of her thoughts she made the two cup and walked out of the kitchenette greeting Lin who was coming out of his office, "hey Lin! I got your tea do you want me to put it in your office?"

"Yes, thank you..." he said walking past her to head to Naru's office. When she heard the door close she walked in and spotted her target, his cell phone.

Usually he carries it everywhere but occasionally he would have to charge it after Madoka and Luella calls him. Which she knew for a fact was just this morning.

She walked to his phone and bit her lip nervously, she took his tea and dumped it on his phone. It sparked up and smoke came sizzling out of it, she dropped the cup and shrieked in fear.

The next instant she heard two sets of footsteps heading in her direction, Naru was the first to enter Lin's office he walked to Mai, "what happened?" She bit her lip nervously. When she saw Lin rush to his smoking phone, she felt extremely guilty.

"I was heading over to put tea on his desk... and I tripped and the tea splashed on his phone... " she said looking at Lin who sighed shaking his head.

"Lin I'm so sorry!!!" She apologized honestly for the phone, she still felt guilty about it even though they got him another one.

"No... it's okay I only have a few numbers in it anyways... at least it wasn't my laptop..." he said.

Mai shivered at the thought of someone messing with Lin's laptop, he'd probably murder them if something happened to it.

Mai apologized again and walked out with Naru, "so did your side work?" Mai asked when they got back to his office.

He nodded his head tiredly, "yeah, my mom said she'd do it if you told her about some stuff later... I just need to call Madoka now and inform her..." Naru said walking back to his desk.

Mai walked out and grabbed Naru and her their tea, then entered his office again. "And no I didn't forget you." She said placing his tea on his desk. He took it and drank a big gulp trying to sooth a forming headache.

"Good thing you didn't..." he said picking up the phone dialing Madoka number. He thought back to what he had to do before this.

Flashback 15 minutes with Naru:

"Mai, tea!" I called giving her the signal to start the plan.

I pick up my desk phone and dial my moms number, it didn't even ring for a second by the time my mom answered the phone. "Noll dear is that you?! I'm so glad you called! I was going to call you later after talking with Lin!"

I sighed, "yeah, mo-" he started but was cut off.

"So how are you? You hardly ever call anymore so it makes me worry, I have to rely on Lin to tell me since my own son won't call me!" I pinched the bridge of my nose as I listen to my mother ramble on.

"Mother can you just listen to me, I need a favor of you and father..." Naru said.

Luella shut up the moment she heard I need their help, "Is everything alright dear? Did something happen with Mai!" She said worriedly.

"No nothing happened yet... but Mai has decided she wants to help get Lin and Madoka together and...." I was cut off by a squeal of excitement from my mother.

I sat there with the phone away from my ear a tick mark showing clearly on my face. I sighed when I heard Martin walk into the room and ask Luella what was wrong.

"Oh good you're here! Noll wants our help getting Madoka and Lin together!" She said.

I just sat there until I heard Martin tell her to calm down, so they could listen to me. "Okay let me explain the plan... Mai is going break Lin's phone, don't worry we got him another one with the same information on it... but what we need your help with is we are going to tell Madoka that he got hurt, and we want you to play along...." I said.

My mom squealed again, I could practically see my dad sweatdrop. "Oh of course if we can finally get them together!" She sang.

"Okay well that's what I'm calling about I have to hurry Lin will be in here in a second." Naru said.

"Wait, before you go tell Mai I need to talk to her later, very important..." I got curious.

"About what?" I asked.

"Some... stuff, but just tell her... and we will help..." she said.

I sighed, "okay..." Lin walked into my office with files. "I got to go mom..." and I hung up with a sigh.

"They called you too?" He asked setting the files on my desk.

"Yeah..." We were interrupted by Mai's shriek. We ran out of the office to Lins.

Back to normal time (norm. POV)

Mai sat on Naru's desk while he talked on the phone with Madoka. "Madoka I need to tell you that Lin, has been injured and we just wanted you to come down if you can" Naru said.

"What are you talking about? Why would you tell me to come visit..." she froze and Naru hear a crash.

Madoka dropped her phone and picked it up, "I'll be there sometime tomorrow!" She yelled with a shaky voice.

"Mado-" Naru was cut off by her hanging up on him.

He looked at Mai, "well she's on her way... So be prepared..." Naru said.

A/N :
Hey guys! I'm so excited to be writing for toots1 prize story! So that was the first chapter and there is plenty more to come so I hoped you enjoyed it! Please read and review, follow for the updates that will come!