Chapter 2

We walk into science and I scan the room for empty seats. There are only two left, both on either side of one person. Dylan.

I groan internally as I look over at Trinity. She holds up her index finger in a 'give me a second' gesture. Trinity walks over to Dylan.

"Could you please move to that desk?" She points to the desk on her right.

"Why would I want to do that?" He asks through gritted teeth. Trinity rolls her eyes and glances over at me, then smirks. She walks up to the teacher and converses with him for a few minutes. The teacher looks at Dylan.

"Could you please switch desks, Mr. O'Brien?" she asks. Dylan huffs and mumbles something under his breath as he gathers his stuff and switches seats. Trinity sits in the one farthest from Dylan. I pause beside her desk.

"Really?" I ask. She shrugs. I roll my eyes and sit down, getting my book, notebook, and pencil out.

Class goes by agonizingly slow, with Dylan giving me the death stare the whole time. When the bell rings I pack my stuff up quickly and dart out of class, waiting for Trinity at our lockers. After a couple of minutes I spot her.

"You abandoned me!" she says, opening her locker and trading her science book for her math book. I shrug.

"Didn't want to be in the same room with him for longer than I had to." I also open my locker and get my math book.

"Do you think I did either? I still can't believe you used to have a crush on him even though he was an ass to you," Trinity said, checking her reflection in the mini mirror hanging in her locker.

"Me either. He has gotten kinda hot though. Especially with the glasses," I say, reapplying my chapstick.

"Yeah, he has all the girls wrapped around his finger. He's never had a girlfriend that I know of though." Trinity shuts her locker and turns to me. "Ready?"

"Yeah, let's go." I shut my locker and follow her to math.

°°°°°°°°°

Thankfully Dylan was only in one of our other classes and he sat in the back that time. I didn't see him anywhere at lunch either.

Trinity and I were currently sitting at her house, trying to come up with something to do.

"How about roller skating?" I ask. I haven't done that in forever. She looks up at me.

"Sure, I haven't done that in forever," she says, getting up and slipping her shoes on. I smile.

"I was just thinking that." I slip on my shoes and grab my phone off the charger. "I'm ready."

"Me too," she says, walking out of her room and into the living room where her mom was sitting.

"Will you drive us to the skating rink? We can walk if you don't want to." Her mom looks up from her laptop.

"Sure. I don't want you two to get kidnapped. Do your parents know you're over here?" Her mom asks me.

"Yeah. I told them I was probably going to come over earlier. They said it was fine." She gets up and slips on her shoes before grabbing her purse.

"Let's go."

°°°°°°°°°

"Do you girls have money?" Trinity's mom asks.

"Yeah," we both reply in unison. We look at each other and smile.

"Bye mom, love you," Trinity says, then pulls me toward the building.

"Damn. This place has changed a lot." Trinity nods.

"They remodeled it during summer break. C'mon, let's go get our skates." Trinity went over to a booth type thing.

"Two sevens." The guys nods before disappearing behind a rack of skates.

"You are a seven, right?" Trinity asks as the guy hands the skates to her.

"Yep. Thanks," I say, taking mine out of her hand and walking over to a bench. I take off my shoes and shove them in my bag, then I put on the skates and lace them up. They fit. I stand up and try them out. I don't fall, so I should be alright.

Trinity stands up and skates over to the opening to go out onto the concrete. I follow her out onto the floor and take a lap beside the wall to warm up.

"Are you ready to blow everybody away with your talent?" I ask dramatically. She laughs.

"I was born ready." We take off and get going pretty good. That is until 5 minutes later when somebody knocks me down. I look up to see who the person is.

"Out of all the fucking people in this world why do I always have to run into you?"

°°°°°°°°°

Cliffie. Even though you probably know who it is. Oh well. I might have some more up tomorrow? Idk we'll see -Kaitlyn