Part 1

The Orphanage

She woke up dreading the day, porcelain skinned, with bright sky blue eyes, and deep dark hair, no one could deny that Bianca was beautiful, that didn't stop others from thinking she was a freak though.

The petty jealousies of the other girls in the orphanage, lead them to treat her as if she were less than nothing, and not wanting the girls to resent them the boys treated her the same way. They mocked, and bullied her, mentally, and physically, and no one would stand to defend her.

Rubbing her face gently, to help herself wake up the young girl sighed, she had her own tiny closet of a room, in fact it was a closet, it fit only a twin sized mattress, in fact the door opened directly at the foot of the bed, while the others slept in the dorms together, gossiping, and whispering about school, friends, romances, and other such things no one wanted Bianca around, in fact before the orphanage had cleared the closet for her she had been unceremoniously dumped out of the dorms, sometimes just into the hall, other times she had been locked in the boiler room, and quite a few times she had been found in one of the dog kennels. Everyone hated her, everyone was afraid of her really, she never retaliated, but when she became angry or hurt the skies would thunder in the distance, and there would be a cold eerie feeling in the room as it would inexplicably darken, worse yet they could never get to her, her expression hardly ever changed, it was as if they meant nothing to her, and so they continued to bully, and harass her,

"Get up you worthless brat!" she heard Mrs. Thorndike scream as she banged on the closet door, yes even adults abused her, one a janitor named Ralph had once even tried to rape her, she had been 11 at the time and she was sent inside as punishment, and he had come up to her, and after pretending to listen to her problems, and to care about her, he began to make his advance on her, kissing her porcelain skin, and running his hands all over her, covering her mouth to stop her crying shrieking screams, until he pushed her to the floor and as he was about to climb on top of her, he himself began to shriek and to clutch his heart, his eyes which had moments before held lust and evil had instantly changed to eyes blinded by horror and despair, he landed on his knees and begged her to stop, to forgive him, to end the misery, but she no idea what he was talking about, and could merely look on as his eyes widened in horror and as he collapsed onto the floor. His had not been the first death she had seen, nor would it be the last, unlike other children however she was not frightened of death, she respected it, but no she did not fear it, so they found her hours later reading a book in the corner as the dead man lay in a heap on the floor, and as the other children, especially the girls began screaming, the adults Mrs. Thorndike, and her assistant Ms. Stern, looked at Bianca, and snapped at her.

"What the hell happened here you little brat, why didn't you come to get anyone?!" Ms. Stern yelled at her, she and Ralph had an arrangement, he was from a rather wealthy family and did not need the work, however with his family's political connections he could not be seen stalking around younger girls, so he had met with Ms. Stern and the two came up with the arrangement, he would pay Ms. Stern a considerable stipend every month, and every week he would come to the orphanage and while pretending to be a part time janitor would in reality be choosing his victims, now that he was dead however that arrangement was at an end and the woman was furious.

"Well you little brat, what do you have to say for yourself?!" the woman shrieked, as the other children were sent to their dormitories, she stood arms akimbo, glaring at Bianca, who slowly, and calmly lifted her head from the book she was reading, and looking down at the body with disdain softly replied.

"I'm pretty sure he had a heart attack, and I was told not to leave the room, so I didn't," the 11 year old answered and went back to reading her book.

A moment later the book was ripped from her hands and Mrs. Thorndike and Ms. Stern were berating her for being a worthless, stupid, ugly, useless idiot.