Chapter 5

(Mike's POV)

It's been almost a week since that auditorium incident with El, but until now, my heart still beats fast by merely recalling that memory.

I guess this is what they call love.

I really don't know. I barely know her, but that moment, all I know is that my heart belongs to her.

I don't know how would I react with this feeling, pero all I want is to be with her. To sit beside her. I just want to be beside her forever.

I know it's kind unmanly for a man to have sentiments like this, but I can't help myself from having such.

El...El...El... I like her...so much. I love her more than I could ever imagine. Pero I know na hindi kami pwede. We're playing on different worlds. She's intelligent, I'm not. She's popular, I'm not. All I have is money, and money can't buy El's heart.

Sabi nga niya "we're friends". We're just friends, period. Siya na nagsabi nun. Oh Mike! How silly you are! Of course you're just friends! She's friendly! How would you expect a beautiful and intelligent girl to fall in love with a simple guy? Wake up! Hindi pwedeng maging kami.

How can I stop my heart beating for her? How can I?

Everytime I close my eyes, all I see is her. Her hair so soft and straight. Her eyes shining like stars in the dark night. Her pointed nose. Her beautiful lips. Oh El! How beautiful you are! I can't stop myself from adoring you.

I also can't forget her smell. She smells like a baby, literally. Hindi siya kagaya ng ibang irls na gumagamit ng matatapang na perfume. I guess she still uses baby products, and it suits her. She's perfect.

El...El...El...

Yes, I'm truly, deeply, madly in love with El.

As I think of her, my eyelids started to fall down. I can feel that sleep has already merged with my body. How I wish I would dream of El, my special girl.