Drool Over Me

Chapter 1

Hot Guy

"Why are you even here? Are you really Sean's sister?" Some bimbo viciously asked right in front of me.

"Yeah. Tell us the truth. Were you adopted?" Another bimbo intruded with a milkshake on her hand. And I'm guessing that if I were to answer them rudely, I will be having a milkshake-bath immediately.

So instead of having to start a fight. I looked away letting my blonde hair fly with the wind while trying to do a dramatic walk out. I'm pretty much sure that it's working. I'm almost out of the bimbos sight until I collided with someone.

I looked up, and saw the guy's pierce eyes. I confess, the guy is hot even when he looked annoyed. "Hey, ugly. Watch it!" 

He spat. I was about to answer him the harsh way, of course, but he already walked away.

Okay, I take that back. I'm never into guys who're hot on the inside as well.

After that weird incident I headed to my second class, which is Art. I never fancy paints, water colors or anything that'll stain me. I maybe not pretty as other girls are, but I'm still a girl. I tend to stay clean even though, according to my brother, I act boyish.

I sat on the last seat remaining at the back. I never had any friends here. No one dared to speak to me, or even speak of my name. The only friend I had that says my name sweetly was Sam Trex, who is also my childhood friend. Unfortunately, we stopped seeing each other the moment I transferred here in McLite University.

"Alright, get your brushes up 'cause we'll be painting something special. A masterpiece that even a billion bucks will never afford." Ms. Franks, our Art teacher, announced.

The class started blabbing questions out. I was completely puzzled about it that I wanted to complain as well. But I remained silent, knowing that joining their grumbling won't do me any better.

"Okay, Listen up class!" Ms. Franks yelled and continued as soon as the class went silent. "As I was saying, you'll be painting something that is priceless to you. Something that you would die for."

I rolled my eyes to what she said. Isn't she being so exaggerated? If that's what she requires then I have nothing against it. I never liked Ms. Franks, or more like anyone in this school. The only one I could let myself stay with is, well, myself and of course my brother.

But I chose to stay away from Sean, even though I wanted to talk to him always. It's like everyday I miss him. Back then, we used to bond at home after school. We played around the house, help me to go get a crush that I don't even care about. 

Those were the days. Attending this elite school never really was our decision. We're originally from L.A, but moves here because of some business that our parents were handling.

My life was never like this back in L.A. People treat me nice in my old school. In fact, school folks like me there even though I'm not gorgeous. I have a blonde curly hair, tanned skin because of my usual visit at our private beach. White heads on my forehead never collaborated perfectly with my pointed nose and pouty lips. I have long curly eyelashes hidden behind an enormous square-rimmed eyeglass. And honestly, I'm not even sexy. In fact, I am chubby.

I already come up to the idea of going to the gym and not leave until I develop curves in my body. But Sean did not let me. He thinks I'm cute and that changing myself for the sake of what other people think would be too naive. And he's right.

I snapped back into reality. I couldn't think of anything to paint. I never really had anything precious except my life that was given by the Highness above.

I walked in front of the room, completely ignoring the uncomfortable stares from my classmates.

"Ms. Franks, I have a teenie-tiny-wheez problem." I said. She dropped her paint brush and looked at me. "The theme for today is very nice." She smiled proudly, probably because I complimented her choice of theme, which I never really cared about. "Except that I do not own anything that precious. So can I just paint whatever I like?" I suggested. I noticed she frowned.

"Think of something, Denisse. There must be something. Of all people that I've met, they just use that old excuse to withdraw themselves from burying their minds within their souls to find what they are looking for." He said in a weird tone and matching it with awkward hand gestures.

She paused for a moment to look at me. I thought she's going to yell at me or something, but she just picked up her brush and shifted her gaze to her artwork. "Just try, Denisse. You will soon find out what your heart is longing and looking for." 

She smiled at me weakly, and she grabbed her paint brush continuing her work.

I quietly stomped back to my seat. I stared at the empty space outside, thinking what to paint. I never really processed what Ms. Franks had said.

I heavily sighed at the though of failing my art class. So I started mixing some paints and throwing my paint brush abruptly back and forth leaving some unusual stain at the paper.

I repeated the same thing all over again for almost thirty minutes, not being bothered of how this stupid thing will end up. I stopped the moment I felt someone behind me.

I turned around and saw Ms. Franks and my other classmates, gaping.

What's all the commotion about? It took me a couple of seconds before I realized that they were talking about my work. I was confused, so I take a look at my artwork once again.

Like everybody else, I gaped. I didn't realize that I did a pretty good job. It's like an abstract firework, I think.

"What made you paint that masterpiece, Denisse? Bravo!" Ms. Franks exclaimed.

My work really does look like a masterpiece. I never thought that it would end up this good, knowing that I just played with my paint brush.

"I, uh..." I tried to compose a sentence as they all got their ears on me. I do not know what to say. I soon again stared outside blankly, hoping to find an answer.

I got it. Fireworks have always been special to me. I used to watch Fireworks Display with Sam. And that was a moment of my life that I wouldn't and definitely could not forget. I have these feelings for him, but I remained silent knowing that he just likes me as a friend.

vote and comment,