Chapter 12: No & A Yes.

I hate deadlines, just detest them. 

It’s so difficult to finish something in an allotted time, be it submitting a research thesis, or finding a companion for a doomed wedding. I have started crossing out days on the calendar until the wedding, and it’s depressing me even further. Just five more days left and I still haven’t found someone to accompany me.

I tried calling up Ava, but she lets it go to Voicemail. 

I wonder what's up with her.

I think I will send her a message on Facebook, that’s what I used to do earlier, whenever I had to remind her of a project submission, as she refused to pick up my calls for various reasons.

There are people who are so addicted to facebook that they are online even at 3AM, Ava is one of them. Her Facebook  is always on, you can always find her online, even when she is sick with a burning fever, I can vouch for that having seen it firsthand.

I cross my fingers and log into my account.

I was so right!

Here she is!

I open the chat box and quickly type in a message.

Me : Hey Ava! How are you?  Where are you these days?

Don’t give me that stare. I’m not like my mother. I follow the codes of conversation even when I’m in a hurry.

Ava: HI Z! I’M FINE. LAURENT KEEPS ME BUSY ALL DAY! YOU WANNA KNOW HOW?

No, She is not screaming. Ava has this annoying habit of typing in capital letters, It drives me up the wall and I have told her a thousand times to stop, but she is so accustomed to it, that she can’t let go, so I have learnt to ignore it.

Me: No thanks. Your Public Display of Affection during Laurent’s birthday party was enough for me. I don’t need to know what you guys do behind closed doors. You will do better to keep that valuable piece of information to yourself. :)

Ava: YOU’RE SUCH A KID: P

Me: Tell me something I don't know. :)  I wanted to ask you, Do you have any plans for Sunday?

Ava: KIND OF, WHY?

Me: Nothing, Let it be. It’s Ok.

Ava: TELL ME, I’M INTRIGUED, NOW.

Me: Well, I’m attending An Indian Wedding on Sunday. I know just how much you love our weddings; I thought you would like to join me.

Ava: OH MAN! YOU’RE KILLING ME. HOW I WISH I COULD DROP MY PLANS AND COME BUT I CAN’T LAURENT HAS PLANNED SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL FOR ME ON SUNDAY.

This is so unlike Ava. I can’t believe she’s the same girl who booked a last minute plane ticket to India, when she heard that I was going home, to attend my cousins wedding.

Me: Come on girlfriend spill the beans!

Ava: YOU KNOW ME WAY TOO WELL. I THINK HE IS GOING TO PROPOSE.

 Me: What? That’s incredible! How? What gave?

Ava: WELL, I RECENTLY SPOTTED THE SIGNATURE TIFFANY BAG, IN HIS CUPBOARD WHILE I WAS SEARCHING FOR HIS OLD T-SHIRTS. HE HAS RESERVED A TABLE AT ‘TABLE POUR DEUX’, THE CHIC & EXPENSIVE FRENCH RESTAURANT THAT I LOVE.