VIII

Tiny place
Nightly gaze
What?
Maybe yes
Running quick

Rain's POV:

The convention ended quickly but Tom and I still had three more days in London.

"What do you wanna do today?" I said, coming out of the bathroom and stretching.

"I was thinking we could just explore London until like nightfall and then have dinner?" Tom said, avoiding my eyes.

"Sounds good. Wanna make breakfast or eat out?" I asked.

"You wanna team up and make some waffles or something?"

"Just drop them in the toaster" I laughed at his breakfast plans.

Tom and I ate breakfast and made plans for the day. We decided we would stop by at a grocery store somewhere during the day because we had two more days after this one and we would need some snacks.

"Ready to head out?" I grabbed my almost empty backpack and swung it over my shoulder.

"Totally. Let me take my backpack. You don't have to carry anything" he said.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive"

Tom and I headed out to the city but as soon as we stepped out of the hotel, we were swarmed by fans asking for pictures and autographs. Tom gave me a signal that told me to stick around. I ventured back into the lobby and took a seat on one of the white leather seats. Fifteen minutes later Tom came back in.

"Okay, now I'm ready" he chuckled and then we went out into the streets.

"I sort of wanna go to the Sherlock museum" I said.

"Oh right, you're Sherlock obsessed" Tom laughed at my giddiness.

"I'm a fangirl and I'm proud"

Tom and I took the tube to the museum and we had the best time. There was an actor that portrayed John Watson and he kept telling us that Sherlock was out on a case.

"Dude that was so good" I grinned when we stepped out of the museum. Tom nodded his head in agreement and looked at his watch.

"It's nearing three in the afternoon. What do you want to do?" He asked.

"I'm not sure. I'm not hungry so maybe we can go see the Tower?" I shrugged my shoulders.

Tom and I spent the rest of the day looking at the Crown Jewels and the prized possessions of England. It was nearing seven when we decided to have dinner somewhere.

"I found a nice British restaurant near here, you wanna go there?" Tom asked me. I nodded my head in response, my hair flailing in the wind and getting in my eyes. We weaved through the narrow paved streets of London until we reached the small establishment. The door swung open with the sound of a bell and we were greeted by a warm inviting restaurant with pastel painted walls.

"This is cute" I said.

"One could even say it is such cute omg" Tom chuckled at his joke.

A server with coal black curly hair stopped next to us and pointed to a dark oak table in the middle.

"Sorry this is for three people, we ran out of tables for two"

I waved the server off and he came back a few minutes later with a basket of steaming hot breadsticks and our menus. His swift British accent reminded me of someone but I waved it off. I chuckled at the thought of our server being Sherlock in disguise. I watched as a blond middle aged man walked through the restaurant doors. He saw the server and the server, in turn, acknowledge his presence by nodding. The shorter blond man walked (I must admit, with a limp) through the closely pushed tables to our server and enveloped him in a hug. They did remind me very much of the characters of Sherlock Holmes and John Watson. I stopped staring at the two men that were now laughing and enjoying each others company.

"Do they remind you of Sherlock and John too?" Tom said suddenly.

"Yeah they do, do you watch that show?" I cocked an eyebrow.

"Yeah I do!" Tom's voice boomed in the small establishment.

Dinner went well but the more the night progressed, the weirder Tom became.

"Tom you okay?" I mastered the courage to ask after his twelfth trip to the bathroom in the past half hour.

"You wanna get out of here?" Tom's voice seemed undecided but sure at the same time.

"Sure" I said, weirded out by his sudden change in attitude.

We walked along the bridge, the stars and the night sky created a dark blue blanket above us.

"So what's up with the whole change" I asked.

"What do you mean?" Tom said, rubbing his hands together in a certain sign of panic.

I stopped him from walking.

"Tom?" I looked into his eyes, but they were closed. I took hold of his wrist and his pulse was racing.

"Tom?" I asked again, more worried than the last time.

Tom opened his eyes and stared at mine. We stood together in the middle of the bridge, the world seemed to stop around us. The sound of cars didn't reach my ears, the conversations of the passerby's wasn't audible. The only thing I heard was Tom's question before the space in front of me started spinning in circles and going grey.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

I think I tried to say something but my mouth opened and closed like a fish out of the water. My knees buckled and my head spun. I wiped the sweat off my palms and took a step backwards. I knew the answer I wanted to give but for some reason, the words didn't flow out. My face flushed a burgundy color and I felt my feet carry me away from the bridge, away from Tom. I was running into an unknown place, in a city that I barely knew and when I finally stopped, the cold air around me was dangerously quiet and there was not a soul around. I puffed and regained my balance, Tom's question still running through my mind. I glanced around. Tall buildings surrounded me and there was a blinking streetlight above my head. A stray black cat swayed it's tail across the street and a colony of rats foraged in the large green dumpster.

"Where am I?"