Jeraine: The scientists daughter

**********************************

                                                            *Chapter one*

                                         ******************************************

"INTRUDER ALERT! INTRUDER ALERT! CODE 211- INTRUDER HAS BREACHED SECURITY ON FLOOR 57. 2 ARMED GUARDS HAVE BEEN KNOCKED UNCONSCIOUS! BACKUP IS TO BE SENT IMMEDIATELY NOW! " 

The loud speakered voice echoed through the empty mall until silence welcomed the darkness, and the darkness enveloped the smirking thief once more, who held to the ceiling like glue. 

In minutes armed guards were swarming the area, guns pointed and eyes alert as they searched floor 57 of the S.C.O.R.P.I.O town Mall. It was around midnight, and the once quiet, darkly shadowed place was bright with the S.C.O.R.P.I.O police's flashlights. 

Not that that fazed Jeraine Reed one bit. 

"Search the whole perimeter, and for gods sakes keep your guns to attention just in case..." The head Guard ordered, and began walking through the glass covered floor, his flashlight moving in all directions.

Jeraine flinched when his flashlight almost glazed over her, but let out a breath when it moved away again. Slowly removing one of hands from the rope wrapped around her waist, Jeraine turned the knob on her ear piece and keeping her voice low, turned it on. 

"Shannon, can you hear me." 

For a second it was silent, but eventually the gadget crackled to life, and shannon's voice hissed in reply. 

"The hell I can hear you dimwit! I told you not to go in there alone! When do you ever listen to me?!" 

Jeraine rolled her eyes in response. 

"That isn't what I'm concerned about Shaggy. I just want to know if the vehicle is ready. I'm getting the heck out of here the second the opportunity comes. " 

"Don't call me shaggy!" 

"Just answer me." 

Most of the men had left the room. Only two were still standing there, and for the life of her Jeraine just wished she could knock them out and run through the broken glass. But Shannon would be livid if she didnt return with what they came for. 

The diamond. 

"Yes the car is ready. But do you have it

Jeraine  bit her lip, and slowly, quietly, lowered herself from the ceiling. Since she was in a dark, secluded part of the room, the guards didn't notice her. Snapping the rope in to, Jeraine let it fall to the floor and brought her fists to attention. 

"Not yet." 

Shannon immediately recognized the sly tone behind Jeraine's voice, and became worried. 

"Jeraine what are you-" 

Jeraine tugged the earpiece off the side of her face and threw it to the ground. It snapped in two, making a loud popping sound that the two men heard as clear as day. They turned and spotted Jeraine, who slid across the floor, knocking one of the men to the ground. 

"She's in here!" 

Not wasting time, Jeraine removed her jacket, slipping out her petrifyer and aiming right at the guards face. In midair, the black disk slid open into a two piece cylinder, and bright blue gas emerged and hid her from view. It also resulted in the two men choking and gasping for air. In seconds they were limp on the ground.