I follow your lead

When I finish packing I walk into Mary's room. She is sitting on the floor surrounded by clothes. She looks up at me when she realizes I'm in her room. She gives me a small smile.

"You aren't finished yet?"

"No, I'm just thinking about what's coming for us. You know like what the people are going to be like. The boys." She cracks an even bigger smile.

I smile back.

"Me too little Sis. You need help?"

"Yes please."

We rummage through the mess that is on her floor and find some stuff, but then we decide that we need to go shopping. And that we need to go a.s.a.p. Mary and I run to our parent's room and ask for the keys to the car, since I'm legal to drive and Mary has her learner's permit I think I should drive. We also ask for my dad's credit card. There's no telling how many clothes we are going to need.

When we jump into the Ford F-150 we quickly buckle. The mall will close in less than two hours, so we have to get there fast. This reminds me of the time where my parents had an emergency flight change and they had to pack our stuff and take us to grandmas. We were in such a rush that we forgot about Mary and when we went back for her she was sitting in her room playing with her dolls. She was six at the time. I was eight.

We were getting close to the mall, because traffic was starting to get congested.

"I love this song!" Mary said as she turned up the volume.

It was Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran, so I told her to turn it up louder. We jammed out to Ed while we were stuck in a long line. I realized one thing I'm going to miss while we're at Josh's, I'm going to miss me and my sister singing off tone to perfectly great songs while we're parked in the middle of the highway in a long line. I stop singing and my eyes start tearing up just as the line starts moving.

"Oh Jan, don't cry."

"I can't help it. Would if we don't have these kinds of moments at Josh's? Would if we have to stay in his house until we are done with schoolwork, or would if he never lets us go out with friends."

"Don't think that. If he's dad's brother, then he will let us do what we want, because dad doesn't have boring friends."

"You're right."

I'm the big sister, my little sister isn't supposed to be giving me advice. Why am I such a baby?

We continue on our voyage to the mall in silence.

==

"Here I found the perfect dress for you."

"Oh that's so cute, but I'll look awkward in it..."

"No you won't, just try it on."

When we finally reached the mall we decided on the first store we saw. Forever 21. It has always been a personal favorite. I saw a cute simple black strapless dress that would look perfect on Mary and I showed it to her. She's currently trying it on.

When Mary walks out I let out a gasp. She looks so grown up.

"What? You make me nervous."

"Mary you look gorgeous! And so grown up!"

"Really?"

"Yes. Wait one sec."

I get up to turn her around and adjust her hair. I have an extra ponytail on my wrist. I put her hair up in a messy like bun and turn her back to the mirror. She let's out a breath that she's been holding in.

"Whoa."

A random boy says from behind me. He's staring at my sister like she's a piece of meat. Mary smiles at him.

I turn to him about to go off on him for looking at my sister like that when she buts in.

"Uh, I think your girlfriend is right behind you."

He turns and the girl slaps him across the face. Then she walks away and he runs after her saying, "Babe, it's not what it looks like!" serves him right. Mary and I laugh.

"When we get to Josh's, I will follow your lead."

I smile at my little sister's softness. I sure do love her.

==

After our adventures in the mall we head back to the house. We find that all of the lights are out and its only 8:10 at night. We have an early flight. That's probably why they went to bed early. We walk up the stairs, say our goodnights, part ways, and go into our bedrooms.

I change into my bedtime shorts and tank top and hop into bed. I can't quite sleep, because moving in with Josh will be a totally different and new way of life. I think about all that might happen. I'm not sure what time I finally fall asleep, but when I do I dream about blonde hair and blue eyes.

==

I wake up to the sound of my phone alarm. It is 4:30 in the morning. This is the day Mary and I are leaving for the airport and going to Josh's. I jump out of my bed and walk into the bathroom Mary and I share. I hop in the warm shower and wash my hair and body. I grab a towel to wrap myself in when I'm done with the shower. I brush my teeth, comb my hair, and blow dry my hair.

When Mary walks in she orders me out. She's always grumpy in the morning.

I go to my drawers and find a blue bra from Victoria's Secret and some matching panties; next I go to my closet and grab some sweatpants and a t-shirt. Airport clothes. You never know how long you're going to have to stay in the airport, so you have to put on something comfy. I put on my older Ugg boots.

Lastly I put my hair into a side braid.

I grab all of my stuff and take it down stairs, but remember I am forgetting a couple things so I run up to my room. I grab my laptop, laptop bag, and my cell phone. I can't live without my lifelines.

By the time Mary gets down stairs it's 5:40 and we are on schedule. Our mother made some eggs and toast, so we all eat one last meal as a family for a few months.

The clock reads 6:10 and it's now time to rush. We get all of our things and stuff everything and us into our car.

We make it to the airport on time. First we get quick refreshments, some Starbucks, and a pastry. We get to our designated flight in time.

"I'm going to miss you girls." My father says.

"I love you both so much." Our mother says.

They both hug and kiss us before they take off running through the airport for their flight. I'm going to miss my parents.

"One more thing." My mother says before she leaves.

"Josh has six daughters, but two of them are grown and have moved out. So you two will be sharing a whole house with Josh and his remaining daughters that live in the house. We love you two, be good." She kisses her hand and waves it at us. Why are they just now telling us this?

==

A/N: I wanted to stop it here so in the next chapter you guys can meet the girls. I am so excited for this new story to come out. In the next part you can see who plays who and all of their names and stuff and oh gosh I'm rambling and excited and... yeah I'm done. Thanks for reading! Tell you friends and tell me what you think.