Phase 2: First Outing

I glance at Kise as he invites me to go somewhere with him. He even barged into my classroom the second the bell rang grinning and calling my name like the cheery idiot he is. "Hm?" I ask. "Why are you inviting me out?" I gather my books. "If you don't have a good reason for it, I'd rather not. We're supposed to attend practice, after all."

"I mean, we're going to be going against them, so why not?" he asks with a smile.

"'Them'?" I ask. I think for a moment. "Ah, you mean Seirin?" I'd heard from the coach earlier that we'd be having a practice match with Seirin soon.

"Right! Kurokocchi goes there, so I thought I'd go and say hi!" he explains.

"Is that so?" I reply as I sling my bag over my shoulder.  I fold my arms. "So? What does that have to do with me?"

"I thought that it would be useful for you to see who we'll be going against," he replies. I suppose he can be pretty smart every once in a while.

"Scouting, huh?"

He grins at me. "Plus, I wanted to introduce Kurokocchi to my future girlfriend." I take my compliment back. He's just an idiot after all.

I give him a deadpanned look. "You're awfully full of yourself," I reply as I fold my arms. "That first part of your reasoning was pretty good though, so I suppose I'll take you up on your offer."

He smiles. "Yes!"

____________________________________________________________

Somehow, we end up at his house though. "So, what are we doing here?" I ask as I fold my arms.

"I thought that it would be inconvenient to have our school bags during the visit, so you can leave your stuff here and come back for it later," he replies as though that notion is completely reasonable.

"What's with that logic?" I ask. There are so many things wrong with that sort of reasoning. I'm not sure if I'm right, but I swear that I catch a glimpse of that cunning shine in his eyes again. This guy... I'm somewhat wary about this idea now. The first thing that comes to mind is his possible motives behind his, but the next smile he flashes me is completely innocent. Going against the warning bell that goes off in my head, I take my cellphone out and leave my bag on the floor against the wall next to his. I sigh deeply. "Alright." I'll just kill him if he tries anything on me.

He smiles at me. "Let's go then!" He looks so cheery and stupid again, I'm not sure what to do.

Just then, a girl walks over and looks at us blankly. "Oh?" she asks. She looks a bit like Kise. His sibling maybe? "Aren't you supposed to be at practice? Why are you bringing a girl home with you?"

I reply immediately, "I'm the manager for the basketball club. Kise invited me to visit Seirin so that I can do some scouting." 

She nods, but seems somewhat unconvinced.

"Anyways, we're going," Kise says. He takes my hand and drags me out of his house.

____________________________________________________________

I look around Seirin with Kise as we get on school grounds. "So this is Seirin. New and pristine, just like I expected." As we walk towards the school building, I can feel everyone watching us and I can hear them whispering.

"Look, isn't he hot?"

"And tall. Wait, is he..."

"The model!"

Hm... so he really is this popular, huh? It's true that he is good looking I suppose, but still... Girls are so simple minded. Being good-looking isn't all there is to a person.