Chapter 1~ Moving Day

Carter's P.O.V
Today was moving day. That's right, the day every kid just waits for. Everyone's excited for the big move, the new kids at the school and the new place to live in. Everyone except me.

I have been dreading this day for the past month. Since the day my parents have told me about my move, I have been trying everything to stop it. For example, pretending to be sick and that I can't leave my friends and many other attempts. But there was no way around it.

My parents recently got divorced and ever since that happened, my entire family has been at this war. Constant fighting and always too much drama. So they decided it would be best to send me away to the other side of the world to a boarding school in Sydney, Australia.

My mother walks into my room to wake me up, however, I was already awake getting all my bags ready for my long 16 hour flight. I made sure I had everything before heading down the stairs to see my father here to say goodbye to me as well.

They drive me to the airport and my mother complains about how I didn't put any effort in the way I looked today or how I dressed. I just rolled my eyes kind of glad at the moment that I wouldn't hear her constant bitching about my attire. As I block her out with my headphones, I stare out the window thinking about my new life ahead.

When we finally arrive at the airport, they hand me my ticket, give me a quick awkward hug and leave. My family isn't very affectionate but I was still hoping they would at least say they loved me.

I went through security and got on my plane by myself and found my seat. As I looked out the window, I wondered, what will my new life be like in this place far from my home in Toronto, Canada?