chapter 1

As I stepped out of my house,the cold wind sent a shiver down my spine. I was dressed in black. Black sweatpants ,with a black x-back top that had the words "SUICIDE" written across in red. My brown hair was pulled into a lose ponytail and I had on black toms .

I just had to do this. "I can do this" I whispered fiercely to myself. I can't take this no more. I have to do this. My parents were out so I was all alone. I had already left them a note on the counter.

*flashback *

Dear mum & dad,
I love you. You guys are the most important thing in my life. I am writing this because I want you to know the reason I did it. I have endured the pain long enough. I want to leave all the pain behind. I am going to die. I just want you to know I love you no matter what.

Love, Keisha.

As I wrote those last words on the paper, my heart broke into a thousand pieces. I had to let those tears fall. I cried for about 20 minutes then I pulled myself together and I went upstairs to my room to prepare for my deadly mission.

* end of flashback *

I shuddered as I remembered what had happened about 10 minutes ago. I sat down on the steps to enjoy my last few minutes. I looked around the quiet neighborhood and took in the scenery. Neat houses with black roofs and neat front lawns. Beautiful. My mind wandered again and I found myself remembering or should I say thinking of what prompted me to even think of doing this. Honestly, if someone had told me then that I would even find myself in such a situation, I wouldn't have believed it at all.