mrs popular

She put the money in her purse, and the table conversation turned to the upcoming junior class Halloween dance. By the end of the lunch period, Lily 's story had become old news.
Immediately after school skylar drove to the florist's, where she found that she had only enough money for an arrangement of chrysanthemums. "Do you think these are nice enough?" She asked. "I could add some money for roses."
"The chrysanthemum is a beautiful flower," the florist assured her. "An excellent choice. It's official flower of the Japanese imperial family. You c go wrong with them. I'll ? is yellow, Orange and brown together for you."
She wrote the card, "from the junior class," while he was arranging the flowers. Then, before he wrapped then, he inserted the card and handed the arrangement to her. She burried her nose in the flowers, which smelled like autumn. "They look beautiful," she said,
Flashing her lovely smile at him. "I'd like them delivered today."
"Too late today," he said. "My last delivery just went out."
"Well, what about tommorw?"
"Normally I could oblige, but not this time.
My delivery boy has to take his mother to the doctors tommorw. No deliveries until Friday, and I've already wrapped these for you.
Couldn't you drop them off yourself?"
"I guess so. If I have to. All right. I'll take them."
She drove home quickly, hoping someone would be there to talk about the tragedy that continued to nag at her thoughts, but there were no other cars in the circular driveway.
Mrs. Em, the houseworker who came in each day to clean up and leave dinner in the oven had already gone. Her parents were not yet home from work, and she hadn't really expected her brother, chris, to be there. He spent more time with his girlfriend, Gloria, than he spent at home.
Skylar called her mother's office and found that she was in court and therefore inaccessible for the rest of the afternoon. Tina summers had branched out from her work as a child psychologist to become the county's expert on custody case. Skylar was proud of her mother's accomplishment, but sometimes she wished she and her father spent more time at home.