• The Orphanage •

Chapter 2

[At The Orphanage In New Jersey]

Hi, I'm Lauren.

I'm 4 and I've been at this orphanage for 2 years now.

I have brown hair and brown eyes.

I'm really tiny and short.

I'm just hoping to get adopted tomorrow because its adoption day.

Hopefully someone will want me...

[That Evening (Lauren's Pov)]

I hear the bell ring, indicating dinner time so I hurry up and run down the stairs.

Normally the foods all gone by the time I get down there so i normally don't eat much at all here.

All that's left on the table is a piece of bread so I grab it and go back up to my room that I share with 3 other girls.

Their all older then me.

There's Denali she's 8 she's mean and doesn't like me, she's always being rude to me and hurting me.

Then there's Sarah, Denali's identical twin they both gang up on me and push me to the ground and hit me.

Then there's Bethany she's 12, she is like an older sister to me but she's not around much because Miss. Patty is always having her doing chores and cooking, but when she's done cooking she always brings me back leftovers from the kitchen.

[Adoption Day]

I'm sitting in my room waiting to hopefully get called because maybe someone wants me.

About an hour later I still haven't gotten called.

Then through the loud speaker an announcement come on.

'Will the following girls please come down to the meeting room: Sarah, Catherine, Denali, and Bethany. Thank you.'

I'm upset that my name didn't get called so i head down to the kitchen and go to get a glass of milk because its my favorite.

I go to head back up to my room, when I bump into someone.

"I'm sorry", I say shyly looking up to see a very tall boy.

"It's ok sweetie, what's your name", the boy with brown hair said bending down to my height.

"L-Lauren", I stutter out.

"I'm Ethan", he says putting out his hand for me to grab.

I stand there looking at his hand not sure if I should because I don't know who he is.

"It's ok I'm not going to hurt you"

I grab his hand and follow him to another boy who looks exactly like him.

I keep looking at both of them wondering why there's two.

"Hey sweetie can you stay right here, and ill be right back I promise", Ethan said.

I nod my head yes as he lets go of my hand and walks away with the other boy, not to far because I can still see them.

(Ethan's Pov)

"Dude can we please get her she is the cutest thing?", I say to Grayson begging him.

"Yea she is really cute, but why didn't we see her in the pictures we were looking at before", Grayson asks me.

"Because I think she's younger then what we were looking at but I think she's perfect for us"

"Yeah, let's get her she's so cute"

"Thanks bro ill go get all the papers and stuff signed go and introduce yourself while I do that"

I walk away from Grayson and go to the office to sign her papers.