Chapter One

Chapter 1 

"Danielle... Bliss? "The substitute teacher was calling roll. Danielle sat there day dreaming. It was only first period but she didn't want to sit there learning about the 'Columbian Exchange' or whatever they were doing. She wanted to leave. 

"Psst! Danielle!" Her best friend, Taylor, whispered, knocking Danielle back into reality. She raised her hand abruptly before the sub marked her absent. She was asked to help another class with a performance. A class where she and her crush played roles as best friends who turned lovers. A performance of a play she had wrote for a class at a community that went viral. 

Danielle groaned as she got up and showed the teacher the slip of paper she carries around each day just for it. Though she wanted to be around her crush more and more she couldn't deal with it being around everyone else... Especially today she didn't want to do anything like this. Today they were acting out the part where the boy was trying to show that he wanted to be more than just friends. That part was a kissing scene. 

She walked into the classroom. No one took mind. She took her regular seat next to Gray, the boy she's been infatuated with since she was fifteen. For three years she was totally smitten with him. Even though she wanted to spill everything out to him every single day, Danielle stayed completely calm and didn't say much to him. The only times she tried to talk to him was when they were acting or discussing lines and how should he do them. And which she would say ' The way you're doing it is fine.'  

Danielle only said that because she wrote this story about how she wanted her and Gray to be like two years before. They still were really close friends back then. Though now they barely talked she still had the same feelings for him. The way he had talked to her when she first moved there. 

* One year ago *  

Danielle had walked into Luna Ray High School for the very first time. Clutching the transfer papers in her hands. The second semester had just started and she was transferring just out of the blue. No one knew who she was. Nor did she know who anyone was. She walked into the office to get her schedule. She walked back out and at that very moment a boy with dark brown hair and pale blue eyes crashed into her on his skateboard. 

"AHH!" They both yelled. He was on top of her, his board rolling away. "Shit! I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" The boy helped her get up from the floor. They dusted themselves off and Danielle started to walk away trying to find her first class. 

"You must be new here. Here hand me your schedule. I'll walk you to your class." He grinned. Wow he's really nice... She smiled back. "We have the same classes all day! That's awesome! Well then. Let's get ourselves to Sensei Ohiru's class. It's your first day, so it's fine for being late." So I have all my classes with this guy. This would be great. I just wish I knew his name. Danielle giggled. 

"Oh. I haven't told you my name yet. So I'm Gray. Gray Hunter. So what's your name? I didn't read it off the paper." This boy, Gray, seemed very energetic around Danielle. He didn't seem too cocky nor was he too preppy. He was... normal. Unlike the people at her old school.  

"I'm Danielle. Danielle Bliss. Nice to meet you Gray." She felt her cheeks grow hotter as she said his name. "Uhm so I think we should hurry up and get to class. I think class started almost half an hour ago."  

"GRAY ARE YOU LATE AGAIN? OR ARE YOU SKIPPING?" A huge man with a clipboard and many papers had run up to us. "Oh you must be that Ms. Bliss that the secretary was talking about."  

"Uhm. Not to be rude or anything... But you are..?" Danielle asked. She knew nothing of the school. She was put into this school without notice. It was her parent's decision after all. 

"Aah right I haven't introduced myself yet. I am Kris Darken. The principal of this amazing school." With the grin on his face she could tell he was confident in himself and proud of his job. 

"Well then Mr. Darken I-" 

"No don't call me Mr. Darken. I hate being so formal around everyone. Just call me Kris. Anyways I see you have met the notorious Gray Hunter." 

"Oh so now I'm notorious. What have I done this time?" Gray smiled. 

"Just your normal things. Being late to school and classes. Never doing work in class. Skipping class. You know." Kris laughed.  

Are they kidding around or is this really how Gray is? What's going on...? "Oh so you're a bad boy are you, Gray?" Danielle was laughing, but also was a little scared of him on the inside. 

"You might want to watch yourself around him, Danielle. Just make sure you don't get yourself into too much trouble. You two should get to class. Here I'll right you a pass, Gray." 

"I have all my classes with her so I'll show her to the classes all day." Gray smirked like he was about to do something completely outrageous. 

"Alright. Off to class both you. Make sure that you don't mess around after all this." Mr. Darken walked away in the other direction. 

Gray turned around, grabbed Danielle's hand and ran towards the door. "We should get out of here, before anything 'wrong' happens." He winks. So I'm getting whisked away by a boy I have just met at this new school. Great... Off to a good start am I..?

End of Chapter One

A/N So uhm I write when I'm depressed and feeling like I should die. So heres what came of me using that energy. Well then. Tell me what you think of it. :D (Happy ish mood for now) Anyways Leave a comment, vote, or follow for me! Thanks! 

Rainbow Turtle OUT~