Bullied Love

AN: The pic above was made by a fan! Thank you ❤️!
     "Hahahaha" the school cafeteria filled with laughter as I wiped off my shirt now stained with spaghetti sauce, thanks to Jason Parker, my personal high school bully. This was the beginning to my story, Emily Ross' story. I ran out of the cafeteria, through the halls and exited the school. I just needed to get away from my living nightmare. I sat in the school courtyard, no one was there because everyone was in class so I cried and pulled out my phone to check Twitter. Kids from school were sending me hate. I turned off my phone so I couldn't see the rest.

"What did I ever do to them?!" I cried between sobs.

"Are you okay?" I looked up to see a boy probably a sophomore, like me, looking at me with a concerned face. I took this as the time to study his features. He had brown hair that was partly covered by his purple beanie. He had brown eyes and black glasses. He was wearing a gray sweatshirt and black jeans with black converse shoes. He was kind of nerdy looking, but he was more of the "cute nerd".

But I just shook it off and replied, "Why would you care?"

He answered, "Because you're crying and it's supposed to be 5th period!" He walked over to me and sat down next to me. I just ignored him.

He said, "Hey, look at me." I looked up at him and my face was red from crying.

"Why is a beautiful girl like you crying? What happened?"

I answered, "Jason Parker spilled his lunch on me. On purpose!" I started bawling again. Then something really weird happened to me. He hugged me. I haven't hugged anyone since the third grade. My parents didn't care much about me and I had no friends, so it was a weird feeling. I gently pushed him off since I felt uncomfortable.

He asked me my name so I told him, "Emily Ross" He said his name was Dylan Kane. He wrote something down on a piece of paper and gave it to me.

"If you need anyone, you can call me and we'll hang out." I just smiled and nodded while he walked away. I looked down at the piece of paper in my hand that was Dylan's phone number.

For the past few months, Dylan and I have been hanging out non-stop. He was my first real friend in a long time. I told him about my whole life and my parents, so we hung out at his house a lot. Plus, his parents are really kind. I had grown a lot closer to Dylan, and I was really comfortable around him and his family. We both went into his basement to play MarioKart on his Wii. I had won 3 out of 5 rounds.

"Yes!" I yelled as I won the final match.

"No fair!" He yelled and laughed. We sat back on the couch.

"So is Jason still being mean to you?"

I replied, "He's not as bad as he was before but he still gets on my nerves. But he's better cause of you." I smiled and poked him on his chest.

He chuckled and looked right back into my brown eyes, "Emily, you're the most beautiful girl in the world."

In my head, I was exploding with questions but all I said was, "Huh?" Before I could start asking questions, his lips were on mine. I didn't know how to react but after a couple of seconds I kissed back.

We pulled away and he asked me, "Emily Ross, will you be my girlfriend?" I just smiled and nodded my head. We were together as long as I could remember after that.

I finished my story and looked at my 6 year old daughter, Savannah.

"That was the story of how daddy and I met, Savannah." She clapped her hands because she enjoyed the story. I tucked her in, kissed her goodnight, turned off the light and closed the door.