•28•

"Okay, guys, I'll be back in a few hours, I'm just hanging out with Ricky and I'll be back. I love you guys." I said to Isaac and Ari as I heard a knock on the door.

"Love you too." They both said as I opened the door.

"Hey, you ready?" Ricky asked me. I nodded, walking with him to his car.

I told Ricky to pick me up here instead of my house.

We got in and he pulled out of the driveway, "So, the fair is open at the board walk. Sound good?"

"Yeah, that's perfect." I smiled, looking out my window. The drive there was short, no longer than ten minutes.

We made our way to the ticket booth and he paid for them both. The first ride we went to was the ferris wheel. It was huge. The view of the ocean was beautiful.

"Woah..." I said in awe as our cart stopped at the top. We were up there for a good five minutes, and we spent the time just catching up.

Eventually we began to move again and soon, we were being let off.

"What next?" He asked, throwing his arm around my shoulder.

We ended up going to the games and he won me a giant stuffed penguin. We got ice cream, and just talked. It's so nice to just hang with Ricky again. I missed him like crazy.

"Whatcha wanna do?" Ricky asked me as I threw away the rest of my ice cream.

"How about we just walk around, maybe down the pier?" I suggested.

"Yeah, let's do that." He agreed. We walked down the board walk to the pier entrance.

It's a long pier and has a restaurant at the end of it. People are always fishing off of it and it's very common to see dolphins.

We walked along the edge, watching as people threw nets into the water.

"So, how are you?" He asked me.

"I'm doing better." I said honestly. He nodded, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"I'm sorry I keep asking... It's just that.. I worry about you. I can't imagine how hard it must be to lose someone so close.." He sighed, shooting me a sad smile.

"It's hard... Really hard. But I have to stay strong for myself, my friends, and my family. I miss my mom like crazy, but I'm grateful that I didn't lose Ashton and my dad in the car crash. I'm trying to be content with what I have." I told him, my voice shaky.

"Don't cry, Al. She's in a better place and she wouldn't want you to let this bring you down. You're such a strong person. I know you are." He told me, looking me right in the eye.

I pulled him in for a hug, trying not to let the tears fall, "Thank you, Ricky."

"Don't thank me. It's what friends are for. I'll always be here for you." He said soothingly, rubbing my back.

I nodded, pulling back. We continued to walk for a while when I had an idea.

"Hey, would you like to come to the funeral? The rest of MIW too, maybe? For moral support?" I asked him.

He nodded, smiling slightly, "Of course."

I pulled out my phone to check the time which read 5:24.

"Awesome. Well, I'd better get back soon." I explained, and he nodded.

"Okay, same place right?" He asked.

"Yep."

He drove me to my parents house, walking me up to the door.

"Today was fun. I missed you, Al." He told me, pulling me in for a hug.

"I've missed you too."

"I'll see you around." He said with a smile. I nodded, returning the favor.

"Guys, I'm back." I yelled throughout the house as I entered.

"Hey, Al." Isaac said, emerging from the kitchen. He looked sad and I noticed the bags under his eyes, that looked impossible to miss. I don't know how I didn't see them earlier.

"Are you okay, Isaac?"

Stupid question.

"No.." He shook his head, looking down at the floor. I hugged him as he cried into shoulder for who knows how long.

Our family is being ripped apart piece by piece, and as bad as I wish I could do something to fix it, I know I can't.