Chapter 1

I'm Mckenzie Gomez, you can call me Zie for short. I just turned 16 and I'm currently studying at Argon's Academy.

I never experienced love. That is the most unfamiliar word to me.

I don't believe in love, pero I have tons of crushes. One of them is this particular cute guy.

He's cute, I got turned on because of his captivating eyes, his fine facial features, his cool aura, and most of all his big ears. I sometimes wonder if it turns red whenever his mad or something. Lol

I first saw him at the opening ceremony of our school and I swear he's truly jaw-dropping. The saddest parts is, I never knew him, not even his name.

One day, I received a text message from an unregistered number. Usually, hindi ko pinapansin yung mga ganon, but that day was different. Hindi ko alam anong nakain ko kasi i texted back.

My phone beeps, and immediately I read the new message. Sabi, name doesn't matter, gusto lang raw niyang makipagkaibigan.

I don't see something wrong with that kaya pumayag na ako. Mahirap na baka masabihan pa akong maldita or what.

As the days passed, me and that phone stranger are getting closer. I conclude that he is a boy, cause you can tell from the way he text tho. I surprisingly feel comfortable whenever I open up something to him. He told me that he goes to school at the same school I went to. I have a hunch that he is the cute guy I saw last opening ceremony cause he keeps giving me indirect clues, oo na assumera na po ako, anla eh ganon talaga eh. I don't know if my sequiturs are true, but I do trust my instincts.

Days, weeks, months passed. I have developed this weird feeling, like  there are millions of butterflies residing in my stomach. It's driving me crazy. Hindi ako mapakali every time my phone beeps and hoping na sana si cute guy yon.

I knew it was him, kasi kapag nasa school, we exchange smiles but we never have the chance to talk to each other. Just  some glances and some non-verbal acts. Oh dba worth it yung pag assume, GO LANG NG GO.

One day, I received a text message from him. Three letters which drives me away from my sanity thinking for its meaning. " I o u "

After that message I no longer receive texts from him. Even at school, kapag nagkakasalubong kami umiiwas siyang magkaroon ng eye-contact, or kapag naman nagkakasalubong kami yumuyuko siya making sure na malayo distance namin. I don't know why, but it makes me sad. Ansakit lang.

A week before winter, our semestral break. I received a text message from him.

" I'm always thinking of you every now and then and hoping that someday you'll be mine, but unfortunately, in the future I'm not worthy for you. "

I really don't understand him, but  honestly it pricked my heart and I don't know why.

Soon I realized that this is no longer a simple crush. I'm already falling... Falling so hard that I can no longer resist.

Does he truly care?
Does he really mean it?
He's serious isn't he?
Do we share the same feelings too?

Deym! I'm going crazy finding answers to my questions.

__________________________

The day before our vacation, I decided to tell my feelings to him.

The evening breeze was cold as it gently brushed my cheeks. I was walking down the street shoving my hands inside the pockets of my jacket when I saw him near the bus station.

Nung una, nagdadalawang isip pa ako kung lalapitan ko pa ba siya o hindi, but in the end my feet dragged me near him and before i knew it I was already standing beside him.

" Hi " - I started

I've got no response so i decided to go on.

" I don't know where to start but I was too stupid not to realize those three words you sent me a few weeks ago. " - me

Totoo yon, tinanong ko best friend ko non kung ano meaning non. She said, 123 daw yon ng I love you

1- I

2- o

3- u

I feel so uneasy, so to make it easier I decided to speak directly to the point.

" Look, I know this is crazy but i think im already falli- "

" No " - he said cutting me off.

I was caught off guard, I was stoned where I stood. He speaks
.
.
.
Rather 'she'.

" This can't be, I'm not worthy for you. You deserve someone else better than me. "

I felt a hot liquid pouring down from my cheeks. I didn't realized that I was already crying in front of ... her.

She's a girl. She's a woman. I can't believe it, was I too dumb for not noticing it?

I hated myself for my stupidity. Nagmahal ako ng isang taong hindi ko lubusang kilala.

" I'm sorry, I can't have you cause I cannot afford the things that is really meant for you. But still, I care. I'm sorry for not telling you the truth, but this is the real me. I hope you understand. " - she said

I'm lost for words, I don't know what to say. I was too dumbfounded from what I have heard.

Yumuko siya, just then a liquid dropped to the ground from where she stood. She's crying.

I bit my lips. My heart aches seeing her like that. Eventhough she's a girl, I can't deny the fact that I have fallen for her. Damn that deceiving features of hers.

"I'm sorry I loved you. I don't care if you don't love me back because of who I'am, of what I'am, but please don't stop me from loving you."

I wanted to speak what my heart tells me, that I did love her too. Pero pinangungunahan ako ng takot. I was scared, I'm afraid of what people would say about us, I'm afraid they would tease us, criticize and laugh at us. I really am afraid of the consequences.

A long silence filled the air. I somehow stopped crying, but the pain I'm feeling right now was too unbearable to resist. I just stood there, staring at my feet.

" I'm really sorry. " - she said making up her mind.

" From now on, I will stop bothering you but please let me love you... "

Just in time a bus stopped in front of us.

With tears streaming down her face. She turned her heels and headed for the bus. But before she could totally get in the bus I heard her say

" I just want to love and be loved like any other teens. And I am thankful to have you even just for a short period of time. Goodbye. "

As soon as she steps foot in the bus, my tears starts racing down to my cheeks. I drop to my knees as the snow starts to fall. She left.

She left without waiting for my response. It hurts, the pain stings alot. So this is what they called Love? Well if it is, I don't want it. Take it away from me.

It's just so annoying that I have fallen in love with the wrong person. A part of me never regretted anything
.
.
But everything was too late
.
.
And all I can do is nothing.

_______ THE END _______

Note:

Sana kahit papaano na intindihan niyo hahaha

Thanks for reading ^-^