[4]

Gaya ng sabi ni Len, I have all luck in the world I need. Sinalubong ako ng malakas na suntok ng ama nya at sampal from her mom. Galit na galit sila sa akin at tinutukan pa ako ng baril kung hindi ako umalis.

Nalaman kong homeschooled ang anak ko kaya alam ko na lagi lang sya sa bahay maliban nalang kung nilalabas sya ng mga Tito at Tita nya na pinsan ni Eleanor. Only child ito kaya siguro over protective sila sa kanya ever since.

Hindi ko naman napabayaan ang trabaho ko while I please her parents. Hindi ako pumalag nang sinasaktan nila ako. Buong puso ko iyong tinangap. Kailangan kong masaktan dahil iniisip ko na iginaganti nila sya sa akin. Gusto kong saktan nila ako and I know they think I deserve it all. We're on the same page.

Trabaho at panunuyo, pinagsasabay ko ito. I will do everything for my son. Para makasama ko sya. Iuuwi ko sya sa Pilipinas. Hindi ko sya iiwan dito.

Madami silang pinag gagawa sa akin. Isang buwan lang ako dito kaya kailangan ko ito magawa ng mabilis. I can't wait to have my son with me. Hindi ko naman sila ipag babawal na mabisita ang apo nila. I know that they love him as much as I do.

Three weeks have passed at dito nanaman ako nakaupo sa harap ng gate nila. Sabado ngayon and I don't have work to do. Mag ma-maka-awa nanaman ako sa kanila.

Nang mag hapon na ay naisipan kong akyatin ang mataas na bakuran nila. Sanay na ako sa ganito simula highschool dahil hilig kong tumakas. Wala na ito sa akin. I took a strong leap and I land on their garden. Thank you grass.

"Papa?" Said a small voice. Nakita ko kagad si Evan na patakbo papunta sa akin. Never ko na sya ulit nakita after ng first meeting namin. Hindi na sya pinayagang lumabas dahil baka daw maitakas ko.

I hugged my son so tight. I kissed his head, forehead, cheeks and nose. I missed him so much.

"Papa missed you so much." At hinalikan ko ulit ang ulo nya.

"I miss you too papa." I almost choke sa higpit ng yakap nya sa leeg ko. But I don't care.

"Evan, come here for a while please. We're just gonna talk." It was the first time I heard his voice so sweet.

"But Grand Pops." Evan protest.

"Go ahead Evan. We just really have to talk." I assure him. Kahit na ayaw ko ay hindi ko na pwedeng galitin pa ang lolo nya. I already broke in to their house today.

Hinalikan ko ang ulo nya and he started to walk towards his Grand Pops. May binulong si Mr. Ymaz sa kanya at natuwa bigla si Evan.

"Really?" He make sure.

"Really." Mr. Ymaz assured then Evan came running inside as fast as he can.

"I'm sorry sir."

"Take a sit." He motioned me sa pinaggalingan ni Evan kanina at ng tutor nya, ata. May mga reading materials kasi akong nakita nang nililigpit ang mga nakakalat na gamit.

Mr. Ymaz sat in front of me in a very calm state. Unlike our earlier meetings na kitang kita mo ang galit sa mga mata nya.

"You already know I hate you and I've sent that message pretty well right?" He said in a deep tone.

"I got that very clear sir and I'm willing to take everything that you'd like to throw to me if that's the only way for me to get into my son." I said in full determination. Narinig ko syang napabuntong hininga.

"I hate you very much but my daughter loves you for her entire life." Malungkot na malungkot ang boses nya.

"I'm sorry sir." I don't know but I feel like that I just have to apologize.

"You've never get tired on saying that huh. Oh well. I bet Lea hates me right now." Tumingala sya sa malawak na langit at malungkot na ngumiti. "She made us promise something."

I kept quiet. Like wala akong karapatang sumagot ngayon. I just have to listen to what he's all about to say. Tumingin sya sa malayo at nilagay ang nakasara nyang kamay sa ibaba ng labi nya at mukang nag pipigil ng luha.

"Lea.. She.. She never hated you though. She said that it was never your fault, that it was all hers so we should not get mad at you. She said that she already oblige to our request so we must also do our part. She knows that we can't hate her, she's our Angel Gabriel."

May tumulo nang luha sa mata nya at ganun din sakin. Why does she has to be so nice. I was about to talk when he cut me off even before I got the chance to start.

"Let me finish first." I just noded. "She gave birth to Evan through caesarean session. She even got a chance to hold him for a few seconds before she finally left. Her last words are.." He choke off. "'Vane, here's our baby.' And that's her last breath. Till her last breath it is you whom she was thinking." And he was not finally able to hold those tears and so am I. I should be there. I should have kissed and thank her for everything. Even at the last time. Dapat hinanap ko sya! Dapat sinundan ko sya.

He cleared his throat and tried to get a hold of himself.

"Three weeks before she gave birth, I asked her if she can handle the child birth and she just smiled at me and told me that we both know the answer to that question. She can't. I promised her that me and her mom would take care of him and she thank us but shook her head. She said. "I appreciate that very much dad but I want Vane to be a father too. If ever he'd find out that he have a son and wanted to take care of him too, please let him. He deserve to have the father role too. So please let him. But, if he finds out and don't want Evan, never let him see his son again. Okay?' I was against the first situation but I can't say no to her. And now, just like she knew this will happen, you would like to have your son with you." Mabigat ang hininga nya.

Nabalot kami ng katahimikan like weighing the surroundings and the atmosphere. Ang bigat ng hangin sa paligid. And I think its my time to talk.

"I know that you will not accept me open arms Mr. Ymaz and I appreciate you giving hell to me before I could get a hold with my son. I appreciate all those beat ups because I know I deserve more than that for hurting your daughter. I want to hurt myself when I figured out that the person I've been looking for is already dead. I want to blame myself for everything but our own little Angel Gabriel saved me. He wrapped his dangly arms around me and called me papa made me realized that Eleanor would want me to take care of him and he would do the same with me. He made me stop crying and even wiped my tears. A 4 year old kid comforting a 24 year old man. On Evan's eyes, I saw Eleanor. Our sweet Eleanor." Naiiyak na din si Mr. Ymaz. "Torture me more. I still don't think I have enough. I still blame myself on what happened to Eleanor. It's all my fault. If I had just been more observant of her appearance and action, she could have still live until now. But I didn't because I'm a jerk."

I would want to cry like a kid but I still keep a hold of myself. There's a room where you can bawl your eyes out. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Yes, you are a jerk but not anymore right? You've changed for the better. Pain made you stronger." He said said in a fatherly tone. "Fix yourself up."

Nagulat ako sa utos nya but quickly obliged. Para syang military soldier na kailangang sundin agad. Right after I get a completely hold of myself ay ang esaktong dating ni Evan.

"I'm ready!" Nakasuot sya ng pag alis at may back pack pa. "Where are you taking me papa?" He asked excitedly. Nagtataka akong napatingin kay Mr. Ymaz.

"Give Gran Pops a kiss Evan." He said to his grandson. "Just enjoy your day okay. You can also sleep with your papa for tonight if it gets too late." Paalala nya.

"Sir.." I trailed off.

"Call me Dad from now on okay. Now. I know Evan's very much excited. See you guys!" At pinasa na nya sa akin si Evan na karga nya at pinat pa ang ulo ng bata bago nag umpisang lumayo.

"Thank you... Dad." I said wholeheartedly and I saw him wipe something on his face kahit nakatalikod na sya. Then I faced Evan and kissed his left cheek. "Let's go!"