Ambush

Calista's P.O.V.

"I decided to show Calista a bit of Assassin's world." James stated to Edward, who was so drunk he seemed to not mind us two at all. "You're wasted, lad, we need to get ya back t' the ship." 

James took Edward's hand and wrapped it around his shoulders, I did the same from the other side. Although I wasn't dragging Edward on my own, he still was heavy; one big muscular guy.

As we dragged him through the jungle to the docked ship, I thought about what happened previously between me and James. I don't know about him, but that make out session was a big deal for me.

I liked it.

I blushed at my own thoughts and felt the ends of my lips slowly break into a smile.

Finally, we reached the ship. I'm glad we did, because I grew tired of his babbling about the Observatory and apologies to some woman named Caroline. Although, it got me interested. Who's Caroline? I may ask James about that later, when... when I will get rid of this sheepish feeling which makes me want to disappear. I'm so embarrassed... At some times, I'd rather I wouldn't be so shy.

James led Edward into the Captain's cabin, while I waited on the deck, nibbling my lip out of anxiety. What will I say to James after the 'session' is over? I guess it's time to think of something, as he is already coming towards me.

"Feeling tired?" He asked, piercing me with his devilish smirk, making me blush again.

"Yes. The practice was quite ... intense." I decided not to mention our little 'activity', for I am too embarrassed to even think about it. He touched me where no one ever has touched me before... These new sensations were so mind-blowing, I couldn't really adapt to them yet.

"I wasn't talking about the practice." He raised one of his eyebrows as he eyed me.

Instantly, my face gained a deep shade of red, making him giggle.

"I guess I'll have to contain myself harder."

"No!" I exclaimed before thinking and immediately after I realized what I've said I shut my mouth with both of my palms, resulting in James laughing even harder. "I mean... what will happen now, after you... you kissed me..?"

He stroked my forearm as he gazed into my eyes. "What do you want to happen?" His smoky voice went down my body in the form of shivers. 

I looked down trying to stick to the subject and not to repeat previous occurrences... So I remained quiet, letting silence consume us. I looked up at him and found him smirking.

"Sweet dreams, Cali." He went to his cabin after gently kissing my forehead, making me close my eyes.

Cali? I like it. Because he made it up...

°°°

I barely slept this night, due to the thoughts and dreams swirling in my head. I tried to shut them down but they were too of a potent experience for my soul, so after some time I stopped trying and let them condemn me.

When I left my cabin I became more awake, since the sun rays glossed over my cheeks. After I rubbed my eyes I decided to go to check on Edward. I opened the doors of the Captain's cabin only to see him sprawled out on his king-sized bed, heavily sleeping and snoring. I couldn't help but let out a cheerful giggle at the sight. I left the cabin, now aiming for the red bandana. I couldn't catch it, though, it was nowhere in my sight. I approached first crewman to my side and asked him about James' whereabouts.

"Kidd went t' town. Also, he said t' not let ye out of the ship till he comes back. Sorry lass." He laughed sharply and returned to his work sorting crates.