Lunch

Biology went by slowly along with English and P.E. My whole day so far was practically me staring at the clock unmotivated to answer any questions or participate in group conversations, or group sport. God I shiver just thinking about it. I got good at it. Avoiding thingS I mean, not staring at the clock. If I was called on I would just start speaking in fluent German pretending I didn't know what any one was saying. Of course every one knew I knew what they were saying but the teachers were so fed up with me they just called on another student. What can I say being friends with Germans comes in handy.

     Finally it was lunch, I shouldn't say finally because it's not like ate in front of people, but really anything was better then listening to what 'to kill a mockingbird' really means. I slowly strolled down the nearly empty corridor towards my locker. Most everyone had left to eat already but not I, no not I. As I came closer to my locker I noticed someone by the locker beside mine there head blocked by the door. "Shit" I mumbled. No one had ever had a locker beside mine and I liked it that way. That way no one could see how organized mine was and making fun of me for it. That way no one could see my mirror and telling me I'm "girly". That way no one could take anything out of it. That way no one could shove me in it.  But yet my knees began to tremble as I recognized the pine green sweater, that matched his eyes.

       I had just turned to leave when I heard him"Hey you In the black sweater" . With a sigh I turned around and walked to my locker with my hands in my pockets. "I didn't see you in any of my classes, you said you were a senior right?" He asked as I opened my combination lock. " I'm a senior." I answered short and brief. "Oh" he said sounding rather shocked at my response. I opened my locker door. "Well maybe will be in a class together later today." He exclaimed hopefully. I didn't know why he kept talking to me when all I was doing was being rude to him. "Yeah maybe." I said glancing at him for a quick second. He had the cutest smile on and I couldn't help but blush as I rummaged through my locker putting my bag in it. "I'm Cecelio Vargas" he said rather proudly pulling on a tan messenger bag over his shoulder. "Lucian, Lucian Olaru." I mumbled grabbing a sketch pad from the top shelf of my locker. "Well Lucian Olaru, will you come to lunch with me?" I could practically feel all the blood leave my body.