What do you want from me?

My mom tells me to get dressed, I go put on standard day attire, jeans and a t-shirt (its August mind you.) She says, "Its to hot for that, go change." So I go change into shorts and a tank top.

When I get back, my gracious mother (who bought me the shorts, which I was uncomfortable with at first, their pretty short) now insists that I'm half naked, but I can't change because we have to go.

Skip to a few hours later, I walk past my mom and she tells me to roll down my shorts. When she bought me these shorts, I wore them rolled down, she told me to roll them up, because thats the way their supposed to be worn (can you see why I'm frustrated?)

I feel like the reason girls take so long to get ready is that they know everyone going to have something to say about their clothes. For me it always "Dress more like a girl!" or "Dress like you care what people think of you." when I wear normal clothes, and "Put some clothes on!" when I dress nicely. So my question to people is, WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME???!!!

I just want to feel like I can do something without disappointing or offending someone. Is that really too much to ask? Shouldn't everyone be able to feel that way?