Bring some vodka for the road

Anxiously pacing towards the bus stop I analysed my surroundings to keep my mind at ease. The sun was in the process of rising and the sky was gleaming bright pink with subtle hints of orange. Birds tweeted a soft melody in which I could hardly distinguish due to the clomping of my feet. I gazed into
the distance to see people standing at the bus stop and I let out a massive sigh of relief. Arriving at the stop I felt a cool breeze wash over my face like a baptism, I was flushed with nerves, sweat and exhaustion. The wind felt like consolation to me, somehow. Today is the first day of sixth form and I could not be more terrified. The only thing preventing me from enduring in a mental breakdown, is the fact that one of my best friends will be with me in the year above. Ally and I are both 17, we have been best friends since the age of 13. Last year I was going through a difficult time, I was addicted to Adderall and Ritalin, and thus I was forced to take a year off to "get the professional help I need to rectify my ungodly, unspeakable and unwise actions", as my mother so considerately put it. What she actually meant was sending me off to a rehabilitation centre for 8 months and visiting me a mere two times. My life is back to 'normal' now I suppose, and I am ready but not really ready for this new chapter of my life.