Part 46

Not-So-Friendly Games

My hand instantly went to the orb in my pocket, the other ready to fly to the steel securely in place in my hair.

A shadow appeared at my door, a silhouette. I was standing now.

"What are you doing here?"

I was taken aback at how strong my voice was.

The sickening laugh sent chills down my spine. "Hey angel cakes. Miss me?"

"Greg, get out." I seethed, my fingers dancing against the metal in my hair.

I could see the curve of his lip. "What are you going to do? You haven't even had training yet. Everyone knows you're on lock down until you're trusted."

I heard the challenge in his voice. "Try me,"

He stepped closer. "I won't have to."

Greg held a steel. Anger at his actions from earlier took over. The familiar pull from Belize had my skin crawling.

He stepped closer to me again. I pulled the steel from my hair, letting it drop around my face. I carved a rune into my hand and held it towards him. A light broke from my palm and shot towards Greg, knocking him back, flying through the air. He slammed into the wall in the hallway.

When he stumbled to his feet, his eyes crossed me. "How did you...?"

"I said get out."

He scurried away, fear shadowing his face.

My head turned towards the mirror in the room, and a glint of evil shone in my frosty laced eyes. I panicked at what I saw. Any trace of anger fleeted from me. What I saw set fear running through my blood. My hand let the steel fall to the ground. I slammed my door shut, locking it and fell back into the dark shadows of my bed.

Tears started streaming down the groves of my face as I pulled myself into a ball. I was turning into a monster.

"Sang," a soft voice called to me. I looked up to see sweet little Belize kneeling in front of me, a worried look on her usually carefree face. "I'm sorry." she whispered. "I couldn't control all of your power."

"I don't understand." I whispered.

"I controlled you to draw the rune of light and power on your hand, but you used more than just power for it and I couldn't stop you." She looked down at her soft hands. "I was just trying to help."

I nodded. "You helped."

She sighed. "I need to teach you to protect yourself while you're here. This way, I won't mess up again. Will you allow me to teach you?"

"I'd love that."

"Let's get started."