Chapter 1

Disclaimer: Percy Jackson belongs to Rick Riordan. I own only the plot and my own characters.

3rd POV

Sally Jackson was rocking her baby son Percy, back and forward, trying to get him to stop crying and go to sleep.

'Her baby', she thought to herself. She had always wanted a baby, someone who would mean the world to her.

So far in her life she hadn't really had anyone to care about so now she had her son she would do everything in her power to keep him safe.

Sally started humming as she rocked back and forth. Percy slowly quietened down and started to drift off to sleep. As his eyes dropped lower and lower, Sally leaned forward and planted a kiss on his forehead.

When Percy finally fell into a deep sleep, Sally placed him gently in his cot. She smiled gently at him then went and made a cup of tea.

While she was drinking her tea, Sally thought about her child's father. He was by far the nicest, kindest, gentlest man she had ever met in her entire life. She missed him.

She hadn't been with him for very long. Only a couple of months. But it had been enough. Enough time for her to fall completely, deeply, head-over-heels in love with him.

Not that she thought he would ever feel the same way towards her. Here he was, a handsome, kind, powerful man, and then you look at her, a poor woman who has nothing in her life.

"You shouldn't think like that Sally," a deep voice behind her said. Sally turned around. "You are a queen among women. You are by far the most beautiful woman I have ever seen."

Sally blushed. In front of her stood a tall man. He looked like he had come straight from the beach. He had black hair and sea green eyes. Around his eyes were smile wrinkles. He was smiling softly at her. He was wearing a Hawaiian shirt and shorts. "What are you doing here Poseidon? I thought the ancient laws forbade you from coming to see me and your son."

The God of the Seas looked at her. "Nothing in the entire universe could possibly stop me coming to see you. Or our son. May I?" he asked gesturing to Percy.

"Of course. He is your son as well you know," Sally replied. Poseidon smiled then walked over to Percy's cot and crouched down next to it.

Poseidon reached into the cot and picked Percy up. Percy looked up at his dad sleepily. Poseidon gently tickled Percy with his finger. Percy giggled and tried to grab his dad's finger. Poseidon smiled again and gave Percy his finger.

Percy grabbed it and put it in his mouth. He started sucking it. Poseidon looked down at his baby son with love in his eyes. Percy drifted off to sleep again in his dad's arms with Poseidon's finger still in his mouth.

Poseidon turned to Sally. He smiled at her nervously. "Sally....... would you like to come to Montauk with me?"

"Poseidon", Sally hesitated. "I can't leave Percy here by himself."

Poseidon just smiled. "Percy would come with us, Sally. I'd never leave him behind. Ever."

"Oh." Sally blushed a little. "Of course then. Of course I'll come with you."

Poseidon smiled, relief showing on his face. "Come here then."

Sally walked over to Poseidon and took a hold of his hand. Poseidon smiled again and they walked out the door together, hand-in-hand, with Percy still fast asleep in Poseidon's arms.

They walked outside and Poseidon flashed them away to the beach at Montauk.

*************************************
At the beach Sally and Poseidon sat down at the edge of the surf together. The sun was just setting. Percy was still in Poseidon's arms.