CH 1: Do I Look That Old?

Kiefer's POV

Ang daming tao.

I go through the sea of people to go to La Salle’s dugout.

And there she was.

Grabe ang ganda niya.

I gaze at her for a minute. I woke up from the spell when Von shakes me.

“Huy. Paps. Gising.” Von talaga oh.

She was talking to some fans. A lot in green, pero meron ding naka blue.

Ang lakas talaga nito. Kahit mga taga-Ateneo fans niya.

Kinakabahan ako.

ANO BA KIEFER. MAGPAKALALAKI KA NGA.

I approach her. Her fans notice me and they say hi and leave.

“Hi Mika.” I smile while saying this.

She looks surprized, but finally she spoke. “Hi po.”

Grabe. Do I look that old? I laugh.

“Haha, By the way, Congrats! Pwede ba magpapicture?” I motion Von to take our picture.

“Ah, sige po!” she was blushing, I could sense it.

“Ah, Thank you po!” I said, mimicking her voice.

She laughs.

That laugh. Whatta laugh! Cute cute!

“Grabe naman ‘to maka-po,” “I’m only one year older that you!”

Shoot. Lagot. Tanga tanga. EDI NALAMAN NIYANG STINA-STALK MO SIYA. Ano ba to! Nakakahiya!

“Ahh.” “Haha.” Was all she could say.

I fluster red. “Kiefer. Call me Kiefer.” I reach out my hand.

Ugh. Good recovery though.

“Um. Kiefer. H-hi. Mika.” She extends her hand to shake mine.

Her hands. Soft. The hands I hope to be holding for good someday.

Medyo napatagal ata yung kapit ko. Ilang beses nako napapahiya sa araw na ‘to ha! I knew this because she was the first one to let go.

“Ahh. Haha, Dib-” she was interrupted when Michele Gumabao called her.

“Uy,” I nudge her. “Mukhang tinatawag ka na. Thanks for the picture and congrats!”

“Ah, sure po!” Mika says. “I mean sure Kiefer!” she giggles.

I was about to say goodbye when Von “accidentally” pushes me to Mika. I bump into her. I reach out for her hands and pull her up just before she falls. Our faces were inches apart.

“UY MIKA SORRY! Eto kasing si Von eh!” I take a step back as I glare at Von.

Nako. Baka na-cre-creep out na ‘to sakin.

“Ehh. Haha okay lang.” She fake laughs.

Ano ba naman naiisip nitong si Von!

“Sorry talaga Mika. I’m sure hindi sinasadya ni Von yun.” I stare at Von.

She giggles and I revert my eyes back to her. Grabe. How can you not fall for her charm?

“Let me make it up to you.” I say. “You free on Friday night?”

“Hay. Tagal naman! Bakit hindi bukas?” A grinning Ara Galang cuts in, overhearing our conversation.

Mika gives her a stare down. Ara moves away and gives me a thumbs up. Haha. Oo nga naman, bakit hindi bukas? I think to myself.

“Sorry Kiefer. Baliw talaga ‘tong si Ara. Palibhasa nanalo.” She frowns.

Grabe nakakamatay yung puppy face niya.

I laugh. “So… you free?”

“Sure. The Fort. Mga six. Ok lang?” “I’ll be having a party kasi there in the afternoon with my high school friends from St. Scho.”

“Sige. Sa Krispy Kreme tayo magmeet ah.” I casually say.

“Alright. See y-”

“MIKA REYESSS!” Michele Gumabao calls her loudly.

“You. See you.” She continues.

“It’s a date!” “Uhh I mean not a date” “But a date like you know- uhh, I- Uhh.” I keep on stuttering!!

“Haha. Sige na! Galit na si ate Mich!” She says smiling and walks away.

I smile and I mentally face palm myself.

I approach the exit.

“Hay nako Kief.” Von says. “Tara na nga!” He laughs.

I smile. Prinoproseso ko lang yung mga nangyari kanina. Woo! A day with Mika Reyes! Thank you Von!!

(A/N) Hi there. :) Sooo ok lang ba yung story? Not too cliché-y? Comment! No hate please! :)