Chapter 24 - Triple death

CHAPTER 24

Ella's POV

They made their way down to the Shrieking Shack to find, as Harry predicted, Severus there with Voldemort. They kept close and listened the the conversation that was taking place.

"...The Elder Wand belongs to the wizard that killed its last owner. You killed Dumbledore Severus." ella felt annoyance bite at her. Even after everything he would kill his most trusted Deatheater? he truly was a monster. "While you live, the Elder Wand cannot truly be mine. You've been a good and faithful servant Severus...but only I can live forever."

"My Lord..." Voldemort struck him with a non-verbal spell, causing him to be pushed back agains the wall that Harry, Ella, Draco and Ron were behind.

"Nagini, kill." The snake struck Severus six times before her and her master disappeared. Harry led them around, through the door. He bent down by Snape, placing a hand on his neck tio try and stop the bleeding. Suddenly a single crystal-like tear fell out of his eye and rolled down his cheek. Ella knew immediately what he was doing so she handed Harry a small tube. He was giving them his memories.

"Take them to the pensieve." He was struggling to breathe, and they knew he was going to die and they could't do anything to stop it. "Look at me. You have your mother's eyes." What? He knew Harry's mother? his eyelids flickered slightly before his head drooped and his body slumped. As Harry stood up a sudden coldness passed through the room and Harry clenched the wall. Voldemort was going to speak.

"You have fought valiently but in vain. I do not wish this. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a terrible waste." 'Liar! You only want yourself to be powerful, you couldn't care less about everyone else' Ella thought to herself. "I therefore command my forces to retreat. In their absence, dispose of your dead with dignity. Harry Potter, I now speak directly to you. On this night, you have allowed your friends to die for you, rather than face me yourself. There is no greater dishonour." 'Don't listen to him Harry, please don't listen.' I begged in my head. "Join me in the Forbiddon Forest and confront your fate. If you do not do this, I shall kill every last man, woman and child who tries to conceal you from me." The voice disappeared and the four of them were left in an eerie silence. 

"We have to get back. Now." Harry told them. They left the shack and headed up to the castle in complete silence. When they reached it they discovered that most people were in the great hall. People were cowering in fear and others carried stretchers of dead or badly injured witches or wizards. At the far end of the hall, a shocking sight awaited them. There, lying on a stretcher was none other than Fred Weasley himself. His family was crowded around, hugging and crying, but none of them were worse than George. He was sobbing his heart out and crouched over his dead twin's body. It was a heatwrenching sight to Ella, who could barely do anything at this moment. She had known the Weasleys for 7 years and she had grown attracted to them. Draco hugged her tightly, knowing how much the Weasleys meant to her. At another part of the hall, Remus Lupin laid next to his wife; Tonks, both dead. Their son was barely a year old and would be forced to grow up without them. Ella turned just in time to see Harry leave the hall. 

"I'm going after Harry." Ella told her fiancé. He gave her a worried look. "I'll be fine, trust me." 

"Stay safe. I love you." He kissed her on the side of the head. 

"I love you too." She quickly left the room and followed Harry as he walked up and into Dumbledore's office. "Harry!" She called out to him and he spun around on the spot. 

"Why did you follow me?" 

"Why did you sneak off?" 

"I wanted to see Snape's memories. He obviously wanted ne to see them or he wouldn't have given them to me."