Chapter 20 - A new person to love

"Ghoul sightings have been more frequent at night, be careful and don't stay out at night. If you don't -"

You pressed the power button to turn off he TV. All there was on the TV were just about ghouls. You sighed and sat back on your couch and ate the bento Sasaki made you.

"It's good." You said to yourself quietly as you continued to eat and looked out the window.

Snow was starting to fall.
-
"Good Afternoon!" You shivered as you walked through the doors of :Re. "It's gotten really cold."

"Good afternoon (F/N)!" Touka said as she smiled at you from the counter. You walked over and placed you purse under the counter and took off your coat and out it away.

"(F/N), ghouls have been attacking more at night these days, don't-"

"I know, I heard on the news. I'll be fine, don't worry." You replied as you cut off Touka. "Thanks." Touka looked at you before her lips curled into a smile.

"Alright then, let's get back to work."

Again, today was a busy day. Touka and you repeatedly helped customers while made coffees then took orders and cleaned tables. By the time you were done, it was an hour past the time you were supposed to go home.

It took another hour for you two to clean the shop for the next day and when you got ready to leave, it was already dark outside.

"(F/N), it's dark already, do you want me to walk home with you?" Touka asked as she buttoned up her coat.

"It's fine, I don't want you to stay too late, thanks anyways!" I replied as I waved goodbye and walked out he doors.  As you were walking, you kept your gaze straight, trying not to make eye contact with anybody.

'Don't look back, just walk home.' You thought as you walked down the path to your apartment. You being curious you looked behind you, and noticed a person not too far from you, walking down the same path you were going.

'Great, they could be following you now, why'd you look back.' You argued mentally with yourself as you tried to brush off the fact that somebody was behind you. You looked back again and this time, the person came running at you.

Your eyes widened when you saw a kagune shoot from their back, you started running to your apartment.

'Oh my gosh, somebody help me!' You  eternal,y screamed as you tuned corners trying to lose the person following you. You found a small pole on the and just when you were about to pick it up, you were picked up from your feet and you were slammed into the ground.

You groaned and you looked at your stomach to find the kagune wrapped around you. The person came close to you with their ghoul eyes staring at you hungrily, with their kagune up, ready to stab you. You stared at them in horror and when the kagune came shooting at you, you shut your eyes tightly.

*CLANK*

You looked up to see Sasaki, blocking the ghoul's kagune from hitting you. Your eyes widened when you saw Sasaki. He used his Quinqe to block the kagune that almost hit you,

"S-Sasaki!" You shouted from shock, your were propped on the back of your elbows on the ground watching the scene. He turned his head slightly towards you.

"(F/N)! Run away now!" He shouted as he continued to fight if the ghoul with his kagune.

"B-but what about you?!" You cried, standing up.

"I've dealt with this before, now go!" Sasaki, yelled. You nodded and tried to run away but you were faced with another ghoul. He turned around when he heard your scream. "(F/N)!"

A ghoul was on top of you staring hungrily at you too. You defended your self with your arms in front of you, eyes filled with horror. Sasaki caught off the ghoul he was fighting and ran towards you.

You shut your eyes waiting to be bitten, but it didn't happen. Instead you heard a grunt and when you slightly opened your eyes, they widened and your mouth flew open.

Sasaki used had thrown the ghoul off of you, with his kagune? As you continued to watch you noticed that his kagune was the same as Kaneki's.

You stumbled but stood up and was about to run away until you turned back and noticed that another ghoul was after Sasaki. You hit your lip and hesitated to run and help, but you ran after him anyways.

The ghoul behind Sasaki shot out his kagune and was about to cut right into Sasaki, you ran and threw yourself to block him, the ghoul's kagune slashed your chest diagonally and you fell back.

"AGH!" Screaming in pain as you lied on the ground with as a pool of blood began to form.

"(F/N)!" Sasaki slashed the ghoul with his kagune and he ran to you. As he ran to you, the rest of his squad suddenly appeared. The squad fought off the ghouls as Sasaki, held the top of your body.

"(F/N)?! What were you doing?" Sasaki yelled as he clutched your arms.

"They came behind you...you could be gotten hit..." You replied soft and slow. You closed your eyes and furred your eyebrows. "It's okay."

"It's not okay! I have toe t you to the hospital now!" Sasaki, lifted your body from the ground and looked at his squad.

"I'll be at the hospital with (F/N)." And he ran to the hospital with you in his arms.
-
You lied on the hospital bed, bandaged and better. You were currently sleeping off the pain and Sasaki sat next to your bed and held your right hand.

"Sasaki?" You whispered as you began to open your eyes. You felt your hand being squeezed and you turned to see Sasaki, looking at you worriedly.

"(F/N), be more careful next time! You could've died." He said and you looked at your lap.

"I'm sorry, I just had too." There was an awkward silence between the two of you. You looked up and smiled at him and letting out a small laugh. Sasaki smiled back, then he let out a sigh and looked right you.

"I like you, (F/N)."

As he was saying those words, Touka walked into the hospital room. Her eyes widened then her face saddened, a frown on her lips.

"Touka-chan.."
***********************
OH SNAP, WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT?

Sorry for the late updates, I started doing a school sport and it took away all of my energy and I was too tired to type a story. But I did now!

I hope you liked this chapter! If you did please give it a vote and comment and I'll try to reply to you!

Thanks for reading, stay turned for the next chapter!