Chapter 2

There was a knock at the door. Zayn and I were wrestling so I yelled at Louis to open the door. He came back in the room.

"It's for you." He said. He sat back down next to Maddison and put his arm around her. Liam and AJ were cuddled on the couch. I got up and ran toward the door. There she was standing in my doorway. She had her hair pulled back and a bow rested in her hair.

"Well hello." I said.

"Hey." She said back.

"I'm so glad you came."

"Anytime."

"Zayn and Niall are about to go out but Liam, Louis, me and their girlfriends were just about to watch a movie. Want to join?"

"Absolutely." She walked in. Liam, Louis, Niall, and Zayn all gave her hugs. What made me happy was that she bear-hugged Niall and I knew he needed it. I was glad to meet a Directioner who appreciated all of us. She walked in further  and saw AJ and Maddison. Her jaw dropped.

"OMG!" She shouted.

"Mikayla!" AJ and Maddison shouted back.

"You guys know each other?" Liam asked.

"Since the sixth grade!" AJ said.

"I've known her since kindergarten." Maddison said.

"Good, you all know each other." Louis said. Zayn and Niall left for the club. I put in the movie Love Actually only to find out it was Mikayla's favorite movie. Louis and Maddison cuddled under a blanket and Liam and AJ cuddled in the love seat. I sat as close as I could to Mikayla on the couch. 20 minutes into the movie she rested her head on my shoulder. I felt this sense of pride in me. Five minutes later I put my arm around her and she moved closer. She put her feet up on the couch and I knew she was comfortable. My heart skipped a beat and I wanted to stay like this forever. With her rested under my arm in the dark as she cuddled closer to me. I held her tighter. She put her legs across my lap. Her head fit perfectly in my shoulder. My heart beat faster and I was hoping she couldn't hear it.

"You alright?" She asked.

"I couldn't be better." I whispered softly in her ear. I'm not the most romantic guy but I try to be sweet and irresistible as I can. I pull her closer to where she is almost sitting on my lap. Liam and AJ giggled from where they sat. Louis and Maddison were more focused on each other's lips. So I figured it was okay for Mikayla and I to talk softly.

"You look so beautiful tonight." I whispered.

"Thank you." She whispered back.

"I really like you."

"Really?"

"Really."

"I like you too Haz." She looked at me and I stared into her eyes and at her lips. I wanted to kiss them but I didn't want to move to fast. But I made the quick decision and did it anyway. I took her face in my hands. She put her arm around my neck and our lips met. I felt dizzy but we stayed like that. Our lips came apart and she looked at me.

"Will you be my girlfriend Mikayla?"

"Yes." She whispered. Our lips met once more and I can't remember the rest.