5: Don't Listen to a Word They Say

OMG what?

Luceindia actually uploaded Sparks Fly for once in her entire life? Oh hell yes I did! I've finally decided to cut the crap and procrastination and upload! WOOOT So. yeah. Enjoy. I get too emotionally attached to my characters. I just ship Jesse and Beth so much. It's really weird. If you don't already think i'm weird, then just please don't.

ANYWAY!
VOTE AND COMMENT AND FAN AND ALL THAT! 

P.s. OMG I'VE JUST HIT 4,000+ TOTAL VOTES THAT'S FRIGGEN AMAZING YOU ARE SO AMAZING. THANK YOU SO MUCH! <3 <3 THIS CHAPTER IS SO DEDICATED TO YOU.

P.p.s. If this chapter goes down well, then I may just upload again tomorrow! YAY! 

Lots of love,

Lucy

____________________________________________________________________________

Beth’s P.O.V

Rocking up on the beach is always the best. Welcome to Santa Monica - sunny, warm, beachy. Today is the absolute perfect day to go for a swim in the lukewarm water, get out the bikinis and beach hats and just generally go out and have fun.

As I stand oustide Freezie’s Ice-Creamery, the beautiful scent of salty sea air wafts across me. The wind whips my light freshly ombre’d hair across my neck and my skin feels warm from the gorgeous glaze of the sun.

In the distance, I can see a pair of people walk towards the cafe, hand in hand both grinning impishly. As they gravitate closer, I notice the girl’s short light blonde hair wearing a white boho dress, a neon pink bikini underneath and sunglasses over her eyes. The boy next to her looks equally as ready for summer with his blonde curly hair salted from the sea, shirtless to show off his defined abs, flip-flops and boardshorts.

As they walk closer, the girl notices me and waves, before running over and almost bowling me over in a hug.

“Bethie! You’re in the sun! It’s a miracle!” Pilar sings. Josh Xanders follows slowly behind before giving me a quick hug and looking back at Pilar.

“Where’s Jess?” He asks, looking around the outside of the cafe.

“Who knows?” I say, rolling my eyes before opening the door to the cafe. “But I can tell you, I’m starving, so let’s get food.”

“Mmm...food.” Pilar mumbles, making Josh laugh and wrap his arm tighter around her. 

Speaking in Tumblr terms, Pilar and Josh were the biggest ship on the planet. OTP. Whatever you call it. I loved them. They were so happy together and it just made the sun shine brighter. If only Jesse were here, though.

As I walk up to the counter, I order 2 regular mixed berry smoothies - one for me, and one for Jesse...well, when he’d turn up.

The girl behind the counter must have recognised me or something, because when she sees me, she begins to look around for the missing Jesse. I recognised her too; the last time I’d ordered something through her, I had been with Jesse, and she’d begun to flirt perilously with him. At the time, he enjoyed it. It made me feel a bit awkward.