Chapter 1

"I just don't trust him" Lizzy tells me. I know she is my best friend and I should listen to what she has to say, but honestly I know how I feel about Matt and that means more to me than the actions and mistakes he has made. Yes, he can be pretty violent sometimes but that doesn't matter because at the end of the day he loves me and I love him.
"Macyyy" she says my name while waving a hand in front of my face.
"Yeah?"
"Just making sure you are still alive" she says while smiling. "By the way, now that we are on the subject of him, has he like... You know.. Hit you since then?" She refers 'then' as the first time he hit me. It was back about 7 or 8 months ago. We have been dating for almost a year and a half and it breaks me to lie to her every time she asks this question.
"Of course not! You ask this all the time silly and plus that one night he had a little bit too much to drink. It was our first party being in college and he had never drank that much before!" I put on a fake smile of reassurance and try to forget the fact that I currently have a few bruises and cuts on my stomach and back. He doesn't mean to hurt me. I just make stupid mistakes all the time. I know what he is doing to me is wrong, but nobody knows the Matt I know. He can be so loving and caring. That side of him is my absolute favorite . Speaking of him I am supposed to meet up with him in about 5 minutes or so.
"I have to go, I have a class at 9 tomorrow morning! See you tomorrow! Love you." She frowns a bit at me saying this. She probably knows I am going to meet Matt. I already know that I am going to be late meeting him. It is exactly 9:59 pm and I am supposed to meet him at 10:00.
"Be careful. It's dark out and I don't want you getting hurt. Love you!" She says with a quick hug. I love that she looks out for me. She is my only friend and she honesty is the best.

I walk out of the coffee shop her and I always go too because they are open so late. Night is the only time her and I get to catch up with each other. Both of our lives are pretty busy. College is not easy and it takes up most of my days. I try to hurry to the car but my door is frozen shut. I try to open it as fast as I can but the wind of the cold air is already blowing through my shirt and onto my bruises making me wince. Finally I get my car open and get inside. I look at my phone and see that I have multiple texts and missed calls from Matt. He seems to be angry with me and I am kind of afraid to meet up with him. I already know that it is not going to go well, but I might as well go and get it over with. I start the car and drive out of the parking lot trying to make it to our normal meet up place. It's a little diner called "midnight" that opened when him and I first met. I see that I am very close as I drive past the big building used for concerts and shows. I have always wanted to go to a concert but Matt says that there are too many guys at concerts for me to go there. I pull into the parking lot and park next to his car. I am dreading getting out of the car, but when I see him coming towards my car I hurriedly get out. I start walking towards him but before I can say hello, he rushes towards me and yanks my arm dragging me across the road. I notice we are right in front of the concert building and he pulls me to keep walking to go behind the large building. I hesitate to go into the dark ally but he squeezes my arm to get me to follow him. He stops and yells;
"Why were you so late!?" I try to come up with an excuse knowing he will be mad about me hanging out with Lizzy instead of him.
"I..i uh fell asleep in my apartment."
"Bullshit! Why are you lying to me!? I saw your car outside of that coffee shop you and your bitchy friend hang out at! Do you even love me? Why the fuck would you lie to me if you love me!?"

"Of course I love you! Baby you are my everything and you know that!"

"Do I? Because it seems to me you don't care about me. You lied too me!" He shouts and his dark brown eyes gaze into mine. His sandy blond hair is blowing in the wind and his cheeks are a bright red, flushed with anger.

"I am sorry!" I yell, knowing that this won't help my chances of him actually forgiving me.

"You are always sorry! I am so sick of you acting like this! You are a worthless piece of shit that doesn't deserve my time. I don't know why you couldn't have kept your mouth shut!" He yells and I can already feel the tears brimming in my eyes. Matts hand raises and I flinch knowing he will hit me. I wait for the hit to my face but instead I feel his strong arms grasp my shirt and he roughly throws me against the hard brick building. I fall to the ground and my head is poundings I can faintly see another figure pushing Matt away and running toward me. I try to see who it is but my eyes are getting heavy from the blow to my head and everything soon turns black.

Authors note:
Can you guess who it is??? I bet you will guess correctly! Love you all -S